*sigh* more annoying filler

Song suggestions (sorry missing last chapter you get two in this one)

Americano - Lady Gaga

Hole Dwelling (english cover) - don't know the english cover artist but original artist is Kikuo 

It was weird walking in silence but since you didn't know if Zhongli knew if you were from another world or not you didn't risk bringing up your regular conversation to Aether. On the way to Mondstadt you had mostly zoned out, to focused on your thoughts to listen to Zhongli's storytelling but now... now everyone was silent. And probably looking forward to staying at Wangshu Inn for the night. You didn't risk getting out your headphones either because, even though they do look a lot like Alhaitham's you thought it would be rude. Yet again your cover story is that you are from Sumeru-

"So [Y/n], you seemed distracted on the way here so I didn't bother you but I'm curious, where do you come from?" Zhongli's deep voice cuts through the silence and you grip your hand tightly into a ball to hopefully keep yourself grounded.

"I grew up in Sumeru but I've been travelling a lot so my accent has been messed up a bunch." You explain hoping he bought your lie. Yet again he was a god and could probably tell a lie from a mile away.

"I see." He pauses for a second before continuing. "So when did you meet that bard?" You trip over your own feet and look at Zhongli. Your eyes study him as he raises his eyebrow, you could have sworn his eyes glowed for a second. You had a feeling he knew.

"Which bard? I've met quite a few on my travels." You ask with a smile, ears twitching nervously. There's no way you could play this off as him mistaking you for someone else right?

"I see, do you know Venti?" He asks and you nod, forcing yourself to let your face flicker in recognition.

"Yeah I know him. I travelled around Mondstadt with him for a bit a few years ago before settling in with Diluc." You bullshit, forgetting that all though you came up with a backstory, the timeline was a bit shaky. No matter as long as it's consistent.

"Hm." Two letters. A mere sound, Zhongli makes and it immediately clues you in that you should not be left alone with the old man. You glance at Aether who was scanning the horizon, looking for danger. You look back at Zhongli and have to do a double take. You swear you saw his eyes glowing as he stared at you but when you glanced back he was looking forward with his same "old-wise-man" expression on his face. Time to change the subject.

"Do you know many stories, Zhongli? I'm curious as to what stories you tell." You see Aether turn his head out of the corner of your eye. So he was more interested in Zhongli's story than saving you from the wrath of a god? Damn Aether, the betrayal. And here you thought he was one of your bitches.

Listening to Zhongli's stories was more soothing than you thought. You found yourself almost falling asleep where you were standing from his voice. If he was back in your world and started a youtube channel just of reading bedtime stories you know he would have a massive platform. Although... You still can't unhear Hawkmoth disappointingly. Surprisingly Aether and you got the same room as before while Zhongli had a separate room. You wonder if Xiao would confront Zhongli while he was here. You were tempted to call out his name but then remember your deal. Maybe you shouldn't break it while the god of contracts was in the same area...

You lay down on your stomach on the same bed as before while Aether looked out the window. You think Paimon went to go get some food. You turn your head to look at Aether, noticing that his face looked like he was reminiscing over something.