xii

jealous - eyedress

the two karasuno first years gaped at ushijima, almost feeling magical for a moment or two.       

"good morning," he shortly greeted.

"good morning!" y/n cheerfully said, discreetly trying to take the attention off of ushijima. she could tell that he didn't like it all too much. "you two are from karasuno, right? what are you doing out here?"

kageyama nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"we were out doing roadwork, but we went a little off the track..."

"that's not good at all..." y/n thought silently for a moment until an idea sparked her brain.

she turned to ushijima. "tendou said that the matches don't start until ten... and shiritorizawa is a ten minute run from here." she had started to whisper her idea, only to see how ushijima reacted first.

"you want to take them to shiritorizawa?" ushijima whispered back.

"it's just to help them find their way." she reasoned. ushijima replied with a grimace.

"we don't have to be back at camp, yet," she tried again. ushijima grew more displeased.

"it'll be fun?" he silently looked down at her.

"fine, then." y/n squinted her eyes at ushijima one last time before she spun back around to face the first years.

"kageyama tobio and hinata shoyou, hm?" the two flinched slightly, only because they were shocked that she knew their names.

"you know who we are?" hinata shakily asked.

"of course, i do! it's my job, after all." y/n shrugged. "anyway, since wakatoshi wants to be so stubborn..." she glanced at him. "i'm going to bring you guys to shiritorizawa, alright?"

"shiritorizawa?!" hinata blurted. "i heard that place was huge..."

"do you mind if we do some recon at shiritorizawa?" kageyama bluntly asked.

"you can look around if you'd like, but our volleyball team is gone for a training camp right now, so you won't get much out of them."

"i see..."

"still, it'd be a pleasure to have you."

"you're bringing them anyway?" ushijima finally asked.

y/n nodded. "with or without you, wakatoshi."

ushijima scowled at the two first years who had been distracting y/n since she laid eyes on them.

"let's go," he demanded of the karasuno students. he walked ahead and prepared to continue running. "keep up, if you can."

kageyama and hinata flinched, finding ushijima's show of dominance worked very well on them. y/n rolled her eyes and walked to stand beside ushijima once more.

"why do you have to scare them like that? they're only first years," she whispered to him.

"scare them? they're scaring themselves," ushijima denied.

"i know you, wakatoshi."

"you don't know everything," he told her.

y/n huffed with genuine irritation. "why do people keep saying that? first taichi, then udai, now you! is there something i should know?"

ushijima hesitated. "nothing of significance."

"fine," y/n spat. "don't tell me."

as kageyama and hinata finished their stretches, y/n sprinted ahead of the boys with the intentions of putting some space between her and ushijima.