xvi

everything stays - olivia olson . nsfw

the thursday after shiritorizawa's upsetting loss to karasuno and a few dates later, ushijima arrived on the tenma doorstep eagerly. he tightly gripped the leather strap of his bookbag in his hands after quickly ringing the doorbell.

he soon heard shuffling behind the door and a quiet conversation that followed by the click of the lock and the opening of the large door.

in the doorway stood y/n. despite not in her entire school uniform she couldn't have looked any more gorgeous in ushijima's eyes.

dressed in her light blue short sleeve button-up and maroon tie and matching maroon skirt, her white socks ran up to her beneath her knees. her hair was clipped back and her glasses sat on her head instead of on the bridge of her nose.

y/n instantly let a smile appear on her face. her eyes lit up and she had to hold back the urge to immediately throw her arms around him and kiss him where he stood, but she was aware of how her brother stared into her back.

instead she greeted him with a wave and a simple, "hello," hoping to satiate both of their needs until they reached the sidewalk.

"did you eat?" she asked him. "there's breakfast if you'd like some."

ushijima shook his head. "i'm alright, thanks."

y/n nodded back. "well, would you like to come in at least? i'm almost ready."

y/n moved to the side to welcome her boyfriend in. he accepted the invite easily, and as soon as he was in the seemingly expensive home, the door was shut behind him and she disappeared down the hallway to the left, leaving him standing there.

udai had already begun to stare at ushijima, but he was easily dissuaded upon seeing his grandmother approach.

the older woman looked towards the door as well and smiled a familiar smile. she walked towards him with a bowl of fresh strawberries in hand.

"good morning, ushijima."

"good morning, tenma."

"call me ren," she chuckled at him, already having granted him that permission. "would you like some strawberries?"

"no, that's alright. i ate before i left," he denied again.

ren hummed. "i insist."

ushijima looked between her and the strawberries before finally taking a fresh slice and eating it.

ren smiled larger as he accepted the fruit. she returned to the kitchen just in time for y/n to reappear in front of him, bag over her shoulder and shoes finally on her feet.

"you look..." ushijima moved to compliment her until he felt udai's eyes as well. "really nice."

she laughed lightly. "thank you."

opening the front door, y/n quickly announced their leave. she was met with sweet responses until they were finally out the door.

after just barely reaching the sidewalk, y/n was pulled into ushijima's chest by her hips. she gasped quietly but it was caught by ushijima as he finally pressed his lips to hers.

they both relaxed easily and their eyes closed gently. the kiss was slow and sweet after being desired for too long to comfort, but it was eventually broken as y/n pulled away, but not far enough to where she couldn't feel his always minty breath on her lips.

"we're going to be late," she whispered, placing a hand on his chest.

ushijima dropped his head shortly but accepted the fact. he didn't fully disconnect from her, instead moving the hand that was on her hip to intertwine with her own. he tightly squeezed her hand and they walked ahead, relishing in each others company.