vi

pretty girl - clairo

the sun was halfway beneath the horizon when the practice match was over.

the gym was cold, and y/n's shivers were becoming more apparent and frequent. y/n walked the first level aoba josai hallways thoughtlessly while chiyo amused her with manager talk.

originally she had gone to help the boys clean and pack like normal, however the team and coaches were sure to tell her that she'd done enough work that day, and they insisted that she go on break for a bit. though reluctant, she returned back to chiyo's side, telling her that they were free to talk until shiritorizawa was all finished. the brown haired girl agreed happily, and together they walked around aoba josai.

"that game was crazy intense! i've never seen oikawa so frustrated before!"

"he's a real character, isn't he?" y/n joked, thinking back to oikawa's childish tantrum after he watched ushijima set for the first time.

"it's part of his charm, i'd say," chiyo shrugged.

"yeah... charm." y/n discreetly rolled her eyes. "he's not for everyone, i suppose."

"y'know, i thought all you shiritorizawa folk were going to be super big and scary," chiyo admitted, playing with her fingers.

"i admit that sometimes the boys don't look the friendliest. but they're all sweethearts, i promise. especially ushijima."

"are you sure he's not just that way with you?"

"i'm fairly certain," y/n laughed. she found the question rather ridiculous, as there was no reason that ushijima would act differently with her. "him and oikawa just don't get along."

"i'm glad that we do." chiyo smiled up at y/n.

before the shiritorizawa third year could reply, a voice called for the girl beside her.

"chiyo! the gym's closing up now!" the voice sang at her, and the two stopped and glanced over their shoulders.

oikawa tooru jogged through the orangish hallways, colored by the sunset, to catch up with the two managers.

chiyo's face was painted with a sudden ear-to-ear smile as her hands folded shyly behind her back.

y/n slightly grimaced and crossed her arms over her chest.

oikawa, upon seeing the intimidatingly gorgeous third year dressed in maroon, slowed his run to smoothly walk towards her. he combed his fingers through his hair and gazed at her in a weak attempt at seduction.

"well, hello, ladies." oikawa smirked at them both. while chiyo blushed and childishly giggled, y/n scoffed and nearly gagged.

"hi, oikawa..." chiyo sweetly said.

"hi," y/n shortly replied, maintaining as little eye contact as possible.

"hey, chiyo. the coach says he needs you really badly for something. i can walk our friend here back, but you better hurry," oikawa weakly lied through his teeth to chiyo. her expression morphed from starstruck to anxious as she left y/n's side in a hurry, nodding to oikawa and waving to y/n.

as soon as she was gone, oikawa turned back to y/n, sleazily grinning.

"so... you are?"

"not interested," y/n said.

"i love when they play hard to get," oikawa dreamily thought aloud.

"i'm not playing at anything," she scoffed. "i just don't like you very much."