Chapter 52

Never Let U Go

Just like my favorite song, babygirl you a vibe

I was having that dream again.

The same dream I had two nights ago when I fell asleep in the car.

The dream where my mom visited me. Even though, I was sort of lucid I could still hear her,

"My granddaughter has a beautiful laugh. She's amazing Laya...everything I would have imagined and more...just like you." My mother pressed a kiss to my temple. "See? You're not all alone anymore."

I continued to hear Lilo's laughs even as the vivid pictures from my dreams disappeared into darkness.

I was no longer in Grand Turk having brunch with my family. No, I was on a yacht in the middle of the Caribbean Sea dreaming about my dead mother.

The delightful baby laughs I heard came from my side.

My eyes opened to see the same tattooed back that belonged to the man from my dreams. Except instead of sitting on sand, he sat on the edge of the king size bed in our state cabin.

Dave was on FaceTime with Lilo and Kairi, speaking in a hushed tone in order to prevent them from waking me up.

A small smile crossed my lips when I heard Kairi's voice.

"Where's Laya Daddy?" She asked.

I closed my eyes and leveled my breathing so that I could pretend to still be asleep.

"She's sleeping baby. See?" I felt him shift and through the small slits of my eyes, I watched as he pointed the camera in my face.

"Look Lilo she's smiling!" Kairi yelled.

"Hi mama!" Lilo screamed. It took everything in me not to burst into laughter.

"Shh y'all gotta be quiet." Dave shushed them. "When she wakes up, she's gonna call y'all aight?"

"Aight." The two girls said in unison. I opened my eyes just to roll them.

First they both looked like him, now they were talking like him too.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't find it adorable.

"When are you coming home?" Kairi spoke up again, this time with a pout in her voice.

"Y'all coming here remember? Pop and Nana gonna bring y'all to us and we're gonna spend Thanksgiving together."

"Yayy! I miss you daddy and I miss Laya too."

"I miss you too baby."

"I miss Lala and dada too." Lilo perked up to copy her sister. Her speech was so advanced for her age, the only problem we had with it was preventing her from saying curse words and mocking everything her sister said.