Chapter 23

Gave You Everything

Now you're coming back

I looked at the closing elevator door confused as hell

I looked at the closing elevator door confused as hell. The hell was that?

When Laya stumbled in that room, she looked like she'd just seen a ghost. How did that nigga know her name?

I turned around to head back to the conference room to figure out why my girl was so upset.

"Wayno give us a minute. Show Zora the studio space downstairs" I commanded.

She looked to be just as confused as me, and that showed that she prolly didn't know what was going on either.

The other two men were standing up, whispering amongst themselves. They younger one seemed to be murmuring harshly to his father. I took a seat and the head of the table and cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Who the fuck are y'all? And what the fuck did y'all do to Laya?" Ain't no beating around the bush, let's deal with this shit now so I could find her.

Both of them turned around, but the younger one spoke first, "I can assure you that whatever is going on between Allaya and I is none of your concern Mr. Brewster" he said approaching the table. Who the fuck was he tryna scare?

I smirked at him before pushing myself from the table and getting up. "Nah nigga it's East to you and it's my fuckin' business when you got my girl running out rooms crying and shit. So I'm only gonna ask this one more fuckin' time. What are you to her?" I asked looking directly at Zora's dad.

I had more patience than normal dealing with this shit. I hated seeing Laya cry, and this time she looked more than upset, she looked heart broken.

"I'm her father and are you having relations with my daughter?" He asked becoming angered.

It all made a little more sense now. Laya told me about the dead beat nigga that was her dad and that meant the knuckle head nigga next to him was her brother.

"Relations? You wanna know if I'm fucking her? What you need to be worried about is how you gon fix what you broke." I said seriously.

He looked me up and down then sat at the table across from me. "Huh you know East, you just signed one of yo biggest artists today and this how you talk to ha manager?"

And just like that he dropped that phony ass British accent and spoke like the street nigga I could tell he was.

"Ion have a problem with Zora. It's y'all two."
I said getting up to leave the room.