Chapter 18

Lowkey

What you're doin' to me, feel like you're feelin' me

Atlanta, Georgia

I want that 90's r&b kinda love, you know? The kind that don't let go.

"No I'm not wearing that Bri"

"Why not? Your boungie (butt) would look so good in that" she teased.

"I'm going on a date, not to the club, so please try to get that through ya thick ass head." I explained. 

I was currently rifling through my suitcase, looking for an outfit for my date with Dave tonight. We were supposed to be going out right after his show and I wasn't prepared at all.

Bri sucked her teeth and shifted on the other side of the camera. I FaceTimed her earlier to help me find something to wear but she was proving to be useless.

"Where y'all going anyway?", she asked while sipping wine from her glass.

"Ine know and he isn't telling me either. Talkin' 'bout I ask too many questions.", I rolled my eyes at the thought of our previous conversation.

"You do ask too many damn questions. That's good for your ass." she said with a shrug then eyed me suspiciously. "Wear a dress or skirt and I swear to jah if you pick up another pair of pants, I gin come through this phone and fuck ya red ass up." she threatened me.

Dresses were not my favorite article of clothing and Bri knew this. I was about to pick up another pair of pants, just to make her mad when my eye caught a printed dress that I forgot I had packed.

"I found a one!", I shouted at her while placing my phone up so that she looked at the ceiling.

"Lemme see Laya, because I don't trust you.."

I quickly removed the hotel robe I was in and changed into the dress. It was another low cut number, so I had to adjust my boobs in it properly.

"Shit I should have brought a spanx", I murmured to myself while gazing at my stomach trying to reveal itself. "Well too late now."

Thankfully, I already did my hair and makeup and easily tied my heeled sandals around my ankles. I dug around in my jewelry bag for a pair of hoops and a necklace, then grabbed my phone off of the charger to show Bri what I had picked out.