Chapter 8

The Need to Know

Just can't stop thinkin' about you

"And now she's blowing up my fuckin' phone talkin' bout the baby mine

"And now she's blowing up my fuckin' phone talkin' bout the baby mine. Bruh I ain't ever fucked a hoe without a wrapper so I know she a damn lie!"

I threw my head back onto my office chair and laughed uncontrollably at Freaky's story.

For the past few days him...and all of the guys as a matter of fact, have conjugated in my office during random times of the day to talk to me about their problems.

I don't know when my office became a hangout or when I became a therapist but for some reason they were always in here.

I wiped the tears that started to form at the corner of my eyes and responded, "Well you can always get a DNA test if you don't believe her"

"Fuck that. It's the principal Laya. That bitch wanted to get pregnant", he said while shaking his head.

"Well maybe you should stop having sex with strippers. Because this doesn't sound like the first time something like this has happened." I retorted smartly.

"That ain't never gon fucking happen". Jay exclaimed while laughing. "Ain't nothing this nigga like more than fucking hoes and pregnancy scares. I swear he wants another bad ass kid."

"Nigga fuck you! My kid ain't bad, he just got ADD. And I'd cut my dick off before I have another kid with a bum ass mama. Fuck outta hear speakin that shit on me" Freaky said after him.

I couldn't help but laugh again. These guys were funny. I've never been around people like them in my life. It was entertaining to hear about their dramatic lives. From baby mama drama to stories about court cases, I'm pretty sure I'd heard it all.

"So Laya you gon be at the party tonight?", Shoota asked while sipping whatever was in his double cup.

They loved wasting cups.

East was having a small party at the penthouse tonight to celebrate an artist's album release. It was my job to plan and organize it but I had no intentions on staying for the festivities.

"Nah I'm just there to set up and then I have homework to do", I responded smoothly.

He laughed and shook his head. "You always trying to avoid us. You just be using us for jokes then you dip. Why can't we be friends with ya bougie ass?" Shoota responded seriously.

I busted out into laughter because he was so serious about what he was saying. I honestly didn't mean to act so stuck up around them. I'm just not that comfortable yet.

A few seconds later my office door opened to reveal an irritated East with a sleeping Kairi in his arms.

"Why y'all niggas in here messing with my assistant? She got shit to do and I'm pretty sure y'all do to." East spoke up with a mug on his face.