𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

002. HES DEAD

BAILS AND BILL walked down the street side by side, inches away from the house, with their bikes in their hands following. "God. Bowers sucks." Bailey muttered under her breath.

"Tell me about it" Bill sighed putting his bike up outside the garage, Bailey did the exact same. They entered the garage finding Bills father in his chair, working on something Bailey still didnt know.

Once both Bailey and Bill were inside, he turned, taking his protective glasses off.

"Oh hey d-dad, is it ok is B-baily stays o-ove—"

"I thought we agreed." He sounded disappointed.

Bailey then realised what they were talking about. Bailey and Bill have been trying to find Georgie ever since he went missing. They thought of this brilliant plan of making this sort of sculpture of the sewers where Georgie couldve possibly ended up in with Bill's hamster's tunnels. It was going perfectly until his parents found out they were trying to find him. Although they were banned from doing it, they still did.

And thats exactly what Bills dad was talking about when she noticed the tunnels.

"Before you say anything—" Bailey tried to contribute in this but was stopped from Bills dad.

"Just let me s-s-show you something first," Bill began making his way to the tunnels. He then picked up once of his unfortunate action figures and put it inside the tunnel. He then turned on the hose mimicking what couldve happened with Georgie. There were two places he couldve ended up in, but what was important was that it was the barrens.

"Theres a possibility he could be at the barrens" Bailey said to Mr denbrough.

He just sighed and looked over to Bill.

"Hes gone bill." He sighed.

"B-b-but if the storm swept g-g-georgie in—"

"HES GONE BILL. Hes dead," Mr denbrough sat up from his chair, shouting. "Hes dead. there is nothing we can do. nothing." He didnt care that Bills eyes were filled with tears.

Suddenly— Bill ran out the garage, tears falling from his eyes. And there stood Bailey. A tear fell from her eye. Although Mr denbrough was saying all that to Bill, it felt like it was to her too, maybe a part of Baileys mind still thought Georgie was still out there. Out there living, breathing, giggling, playing. The thought of this made several tears fill her red eyes.

She then realised what happened, Bill had ran out, and when she finally snapped out of thinking of Georgie, she ran outside the garage to find Bill.

———
'JULY 1983'

Summer 1983, Bailey sat in her and Bevs room, the sun had just come out and it was the perfect day to go out and play.

ding dong!!

Bailey quickly sat up from the floor and ran to the doorway, her dad was asleep and it was the perfect time to go sneak out with her friends. Quietly, she opened the door and saw Richie and Bill standing infront of her. And as she was putting her green worn-out vans on and closing the door behind her, a hand gripped on her wrist.

She turned in horror to find her dad towering over her. "Bailey... where are you going?" He said, then he looked behind her and saw the two young boys standing. The door shut, leaving Bailey inside.

The only thing the boys could hear was a extremely loud smack. And right after came out Bailey, crying with her cheek red and running as fast as she can.

Without any hesitation, Bill followed her and left Richie standing there.

A while passed and they were still running, Bailey didnt stop and Bill couldnt, wouldnt leave Bailey.

Finally, once they reached halfway into the woods, Bailey sat down on a large rock. She couldnt hold the emotions infront of Bill anymore. All she wanted to do was go have fun with her friends.

Tears rolled down her red cheeks, she didnt want Bill to see her like this.

She quickly put her head down as Bill came and sat next to her.

He looked at her with sadness in his eyes, he couldn't comprehend any words. He just stared.

Once Bailey had the courage to look at him, he realised a bruise forming on her face, and with no hesitation, he hugged her.

At first Bails wash shocked, but she needed him, and she didnt hesitate to hug back.

And ever since then, that special place, that special rock in the woods, has been theirs.

———

There sat Bill, on their rock. His hands covered his face but it was visible that he was crying.

Bails slowly walked up to him. She sat down and looked at Bill. Their silence covered the woods. Not awkward silence — comforting silence. Thats the way it was for them, nothing was awkward, even the awkwardest thing was comforting between them.

"Bill..." she began, "Im sorry, you know he would never mean it, and uhm, it not true okay? georgie is still out there, and i know it hu—"
her little speech was cut off by Bill entering her arms.

She hesitated to hug back at first, but she knew he needed this, he needed her.

——♡——

Author speaks!!

i hate this chapter ngl 🤭

ship name for Bails and Bill!!

ok bye

love — el !!