𝟎𝟎𝟔. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘

006. THE QUARRY

BAILEY GROANED AS SHE AWOKE, her body still aching with pain. Her brown shorts and white tank top stained with patches of mud.

She shook her blanket off of her and made her way out of her bed. She stumbled into the bathroom, taking her messy waves out of her green hair band. Turning on the sink, she noticed chunks of red hair scattered around.

"Holy shit."  She looked, concerned, at the mess in the bathroom. It was obvious it was Bevs. No one else had the fiery hair that came from their mother.

Running into the room beside hers, she bursts in, realising her sister wasnt there.

The losers had planned to go to the quarry today, and since it was clear that beverly was a 'part' of them now, she knew where she could find her.

The five boys stood at the edge of the cliff, neither daring to move.

"You guys are pussys." Bailey said, walking up to them. The boys turned, shocked. Bailey even saw Eddie jump a bit.

This wasn't because they were scared of her, well maybe a tiny bit, but because they haven't seen her since finding her in the woods, passed out. She was still wearing the same things, which wasn't a surprise to anyone.

Bailey looked at the boys, realising Bev wasnt among them. She sighed, ready to leave, but as she turned around, the sight of her sister infront of her stunned Bailey.

"Bailey?" Beverly let out. Ever since that day Bev helped the losers, Bailey talked even less to her than already.

All Bailey could do was stare at her hair. The hair that had been once long, up to Bevs waist, now barely past her chin.

"Holy shit." Bailey said. Bev now realised why Bailey had this surprised look on her.

Bevs hair was always important to their father, and Bailey knew something had happened. Something that made her want to cut it all off.

"Are you guys gonna keep staring at each other or are we gonna actually do what we came here for?" Richie yelled.

The girls turned towards the boys, that they had forgotten about, realising no one had jumped into the quarry yet.

"Oh shut up Richie, i saw you shaking your legs off by how scared you are to jump in" Bailey rolled her eyes.

Rich couldn't deny it. "If you're so confident then you go" He mimicked.

"Gladly." Bailey took her shoes off, following by her shirt and shorts. She ran, not hesitating to plunge into the green water below creating a splash.

Before the boys could decide who was next, Bev had already unbuttoned her dress and was running towards them with a smile across her face. Another splash occurred and now two redheads were in the water, laughing.

Bailey realised what she was doing, she was laughing, with Bev. It felt like her and her sister hadn't bonded in any sort of way for years. Maybe it felt like that because it was true. But now that changed. They were having fun with each other.

——♡——

Author speaks !!

finally new chapter after months !!

trash chapter but needed to upload something 😊

ok bye !!

love — el !!