𝟎𝟏𝟐. 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍

012. ALONE AGAIN

▌THE GROUP OF KIDS WATCHED AS BILL LEFT, not making any sudden moves. Without even thinking, Bailey grabbed her bike off from the floor and swiftly got on it, off to follow Bill. "What are you doing?" Stan called out.

"Im going with Bill. I'm not letting him do this alone." She responded waiting for their response, and when they didn't reply, she spoke again. "He's my best friend— he's our best friend,  we can't leave him alone with this."

"Geez, here I thought I was your best friend" Richie rolled his eyes, slightly offended.

"Not the time Rich." She sat on her bike, and rode away from the remaining losers, slightly angered.

If they were the 'losers' they always had each other's back, but to see them all terrified, not wanting to go after Bill, what were they?

"Baileys right. We can't let him do this alone." Beverly spoke out, causing all of the remaining group to look at her.

"Since when were you ever on her side?" Richie shaded her, knowing about all of Bailey's problems which mostly centred around her family.

Beverly's eyes hit the floor, she wasn't trying to cause anything.

"I agree with them," Mike said, stepping onto his bike. The rest of the group copied and followed.

The long redheaded girl planted her bike down near the entrance of the house. Bailey does not get scared easily, but with this house, it always gave her the creeps. Maybe it had something to do with the wood-covered windows or the grown-out dead grass, or how the house was slowly disintegrating, but it was something.

She opened the gate carefully, noticing Billy at the top of the steps.

"Bill?" She screamed out, catching his attention. Her voice could stop Bill anytime.

Bill turned, looking at Bailey's face which was filled with horror due to the previous events. Bill's eyes were drowning with tears as he tried choking them down. He didn't want to seem weak in front of her.

"I can't do this anymore B-B-Bailey" He shook his head. "It was my fault he died, I should've been there Bailey, i-i-it was my fault" The tears came out as he shook his head. The young boy had so much emotion in him that he could no longer hold it.

Bailey's eyes began to form a tear which trickled down her cheek. She wasn't the type to get emotional easily, but when it came to Bill, it seemed like everything was different. "It wasn't your fault Bill" She walked closer to him.

"But it was!" He yelled.

Bailey jumped back a bit. She was now on the first step leading to the door where Bill was. "It wasn't your fault." She repeated. Her blue eyes trailed to the floor.

She couldn't keep the guilt in her anymore.

"It was my fault, Bill. I-i was the one who wanted to play that day. I was the one that told you to fake being sick, just to play with me. It was my fault he died."

"He's not dead. But you're right. And wrong. It was my fault for listening to you. For faking being sick. I shouldn't have gone with you. I regret ever meeting you. If I just never listened to you he would've been alive." He admitted.

Bailey felt as if her heart just dropped. Before she could speak, Beverly came barging in.

"Bill! you can't go in there!" She shouted. "This is crazy!" She and the rest of the losers got off their bikes and entered through the gate.