please consider these logical concoctions (+ a safety note <3)

annie: schrodinger's gun: you can never tell if a gun is loaded unless you actually open it to check 

piper: checkov's cat: if you see a cat, it will probably be relevant later

hazel: both of these are extremely valid points

A friendly reminder from your local firearms instructor: NEVER assume that a weapon is unloaded. Always treat every weapon, even bows, as though they are unlocked, loaded, and ready to shoot. Never point a weapon of any kind at another human being, and only point weapons at animals that you are hunting while the animal is IN SEASON and you are carrying a valid hunting license for the state. Always keep up to date on your local and state-wide gun laws, never practice in your backyard without explicit permission from your local mayor or government, keep up with emergency phone numbers, and always have an emergency first aid kit on hand. If you have permission to carry, concealed or open, treat the document like your driver's license and take it with you everywhere.

Guns, bows, and other firearms and weaponry are not toys. They can kill you and those around you with little effort. While around people and when a range is open, always make sure to take out ammo, open the action/receiver so everyone can see the lack of ammunition, point the gun upward and put the bow down, keep your finger out of the trigger box, and always always ALWAYS remember to turn on the safety. It is there to keep you and others SAFE. The right to own does NOT equal permission to illegally conceal, ignore rules, and put others in danger. Your right to have a gun or firearm does not invalidate another person's right to live.

Be safe on the range and in public. I don't want yall getting hurt. <3