×Two~ Serendipity

Serendipity -
To find something
good
Without looking for
it

The giant wooden doors swung open, causing a gust of wind to blow across the garden. It was almost unreal, the sight that is. As I stood there and took in the view, I began to realize more and more how this place was different from my previous home. You would expect from the outside of the castle, that the inside would be the same and be dark or dim, but it was far from it. There were tapestries all over the walls, the room was brightly lit with a light source that seemed to come from nowhere. The inside seemed larger and wider than possible when comparing the structure of the outside. There were two large staircases that met just above the middle of the room. There were relics everywhere and it smelled of chocolate and the ocean, an odd yet mesmerizing combination.

"Welcome to The House of BloodWell." Arlo says as he walks into the palace. I follow shortly behind in fear I will get lost. "Wow." I say as we walk through the immense halls that seemed to last forever. "Impressive, isn't it?" Arlo asks as he studies my facial expression. "Very impressive. It's nothing like my home. Don't get me wrong, I love my place but this is ... Something else." I say as a small fairy of sorts flies past me and waves. "Yes... This place is definitely something else." Arlo says, his voice had a slight concern or sadness layered beneath the calmness.

"This is where you will be staying. If you need anything at all, just inform one of the fairies. Enjoy your stay here." He says as he does a short bow and walks away.

As I reached for the door handle, it turned itself and the door flung open. "Wow." I say to myself. The room reminded me a lot of mine back home. The walls were a dark shade of grey, the majority of the interior was white. It wasn't a huge room, but it was definitely big enough. The bed was huge and had sheer, white drapes around it. When I entered the room, the door shut behind me, startling me. "It's nothing to be afraid of." A small, high pitched voice says from somewhere, scaring me even more. "Who said that?" I ask as I look around the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." The voice says, giggling.

Then I saw where or rather who it was coming from. A small fairy with light blue skin and long, flowy hair that looked like the galaxy was hovering right in front of me. "My name is Alethea, but you can call me Thea. I'm your personal fairy." She says with a smile on her face as I stare at her. "Oh, nice to meet you Thea. I'm Melinoe Calystite, but you can call me Lin." I say, putting my hand out for her to shake. "Eh." I say as I realize her hands were like a grain of rice compared to my hands. "There." I say as I put out my pinky finger and she shakes it.

"I heard you came from Calystitian, what's it like there?" She says as she flies off to a small house on the wall. "It's very different. For starters, there aren't any fairies and most of the people are very rude." I say and I could almost hear her heart break as I walk over to the bed and sit on it. "That sounds very sad. I think you will love it here, Lin! The BloodWell family is very nice and generous and very hospitable!" She says as she flies over in front of me.

Then something unexpected happened, she transformed into a human sized fairy. All her features were the same, but she grew very much in size. "You can do that!?" I screech. "Why yes, silly!" She says giggling. "All fairies are able to change size!" She says as if I were supposed to know this.

"Say, do you have a prince waiting for you back home?" She asks, wiggling her eyebrows mischievously. I wasn't very read up on fairies but I did know they were known for being mischievous. "What? No, why?" I ask laughing awkwardly as I was taken back by the question. She sighs and puts her hands on her hips. "Shame. Well not really, I'm sure you'll find someone eventually." She says and she walks over to the closet and starts to look through it.

"Thea, Arlo said I would be meeting with the royal family later on this evening. When exactly is later on?" I ask and she turns around holding a long, flowy white dress. It had cutout flowers that covered the rims and seemed to change color slightly as it moved. "Soon, here put this on." She says and she snaps her fingers and the dress appears on my lap.

After around 30 minutes of me arguing with the fairy trying to convince her to not curl my hair or to not make me wear heels, to not do this and to do that, I was finally ready. "You are one difficult person, I like that!" She says cheerfully as I stand in front of the mirror.
"Do you like it?" She asks and I nod. "I look-" I say. "Incredible? Amazing?" She asks. "Yeah." I answer.

The dress came down to my knees and the flowy sleeves came to my fingertips. My long, black hair was straigtened and came down to my waist. I also had a silver tiara that seemed match the exact color of my eyes. I eventually caved and unfortunately was wearing heels, but it wasn't anything I wasn't used to, so I didn't complain any further.

"Well, we must be meeting the King, Queen, and Princess soon." She says as she walks towards the door. "Wait? I'm sorry, when I read about this kingdom there was a prince? Is he no longer-" I say and turn around to look at her.

Her facial expression switched as fast as light. She went from a happy, carefree look to having a murderous look on her face. Then as soon as it changed, it changed back and she shook her head and smiled at me. "Yes, there is a prince, Prince Orpheus. However, he doesn't usually attend these type of meetings ... Or any that is. He's not very ... What's the word? Sociable. You'll meet him eventually, unfortunately." She says, whispering the last word under her breath. "Oh, okay. Well, shall we?" I ask as I walk towards her and she smiles. "We shall. Onward to meet the Royal BloodWell Family of Everglane." She says.