Eleven: Two Necromancers Are Worse Than One

Leonidas Dolion BloodWell; king of Everglane, one of the last living descendents of Veritas, Everglanes founder; my father. He was known as one of the best people of our time, constantly praised by all those in the land. Everglane had been in war with Vozar before my father took the throne. Nobody knew exactly how Everglane had won the war, but once he was in charge, everything changed. The kingdoms were in harmony, unlike anything the relams have scene in a millennia. Overwhelming peace had swept the nations, well all those besides Calystite. You see, peace is typically a good thing, but peace comes with a price.

"Look, I know what I felt okay." I explained to Aeolus as he paced back and forth in his bedroom. I didn't find his father's quarters very welcoming, though I had spent the majority of the past few years of my life within them. His bedroom was the complete opposite of the rest of the place. Plants hung everywhere, they shouldn't have been able to survive without sunlight, but I had crafted a device which took energy from the sun and gave it to the plants. He stopped pacing and stared at me.

"You know what you felt? Honestly Orpheus, you're being ridiculous." He scoffs, taking a watering can to his plants. "When was the last time I was wrong? Hm?" I ask, annoyed by his disbelief. "Well, last week you were certain that Arlo was collecting Wolfsbane to kill the lycanthropes in Everglane." Aeolus says simply, I could feel him rolling his eyes from across the room. "He was collecting it though! I had that part right!" I say, gesturing my hands all over the place out of frustration. "He was collecting it for Mr. Hyde, you know... The lycanthropy doctor. He needed it to make an antidote to save his daughter. Honestly, I understand your concern, but I really doubt this girl is any trouble." Aeolus says.

"Ow!" He exclaims as he jumps back, holding his hand where his Venus flytrap, Aphrodite, bit him. I laugh as he puts his hand in his mouth. "That plant and my sister have a lot in common you know. Not only do they have the same name, but they'll also both be the death of you if you're not careful." I say, as I throw a rag to him. "Your sister is simply misunderstood, but this is not the topic so don't change it. If... IF your suspicions of this girl are correct, my father can handle it." He says, cleaning his hand. "Yes but, that's my fear. I don't think he can." Concern flooded my voice, as Aeolus stopped and looked right at me.

"You really believe this, don't you?" He asks, giving me a puzzled look. "We both know that there's more to this situation than anyone realizes. It's a game and the pieces are being set up, and they're not in our favor." I explain as the room grows eeriely silent.

The silence was stopped by a knock at the door. Aeolus and I look at eachother, confused on who would be knocking at the door. His confused look turns to a look telling me to open the door. "It's your room." I say and he sighs. "Who would even be knocking?" He asks himself and hums as he walks to the door. He opens the door and goes silent. The silence continues and I laugh "Is it my sister or som-" I say as I look over at the door. My heart stopped working as I saw who stood there. I then realized how stupid I looked sitting there staring at her. "What do you want, psycho?" I ask as I walk over to the door. She rolled her eyes at my comment on her mental stability.

"You're Aeolus, correct?" She asks, completely ignoring me. "Uh-" he says, and I step on his foot. "Yeah- yeah that's me." He says, wincing slightly in pain. "Great! I'm Melinoe, your father told me, his words, 'My son Aeolus will be of great use for your training. He can explain what I mean by this. I'm truly sorry, but I must go for the time being, he will help.' I'm not sure what he meant but apparently you do?" She asks, I could tell she was nervous. While I sensed an evil inside her, there was something that drew me towards her. Like our fates were interlocked. I stared at her intently when I realized something was different.

"Your hair..." Is all I said, causing her to look at me confused. "What's with my hair?" She asks, grabbing  and looking at it, frantically trying to find what I was talking about. "It's different... Well I think, I didn't get a very good look at you while you were trying to kill me" I say, rolling my eyes. She gives me a look mixed of fear, terror, and annoyance. I sigh and give in. "Look for yourself, your majesty." I say, pointing to a mirror in Aeolus' room. She looks at him, as if asking if she can come in and he nods. She rushes over to the mirror and screams when she comes face to face with her unique reflection.