×Six~ Reverie

Reverie-
Absent-minded dreaming
while awake

"I've long awaited your return." The man simply says, locking his glowing blue eyes with my silver ones. He seemed to absorb the entirety of the room with his eyes, nothing existed besides them. Everything was black besides the raging fire. The glowing blue fire was so peaceful. Looking into it made every problem, every negative feeling or comment people have said ... Everything I've ever faced dissipate. My body felt light and my soul screamed to give in and let the fire be one with me. My mind however screamed louder. Out doing all temptation to just give into the fire and let it melt all my problems away.

As I stood there, watching the blue flame come closer and closer, I began to snap back into reality. The fire was cold, it began to freeze the ground around my feet. Voices called out from inside the wretched flame which I so longed to be with, though I knew it would be the end of me.

The ice made it's way up my ankles. The voices for louder as the fire got brighter.

My knees buckled as the ice encapsulated every vein, every bone and muscle within. The fire grew bigger.

"Let go!" A voice shouted from behind me, but I couldn't resist, I reached my hand out towards the fire.

Within a matter of seconds, I was encased in multiple thick layers of firey ice. It was impossible, yet it was so, so real.

As it began to reach my face I saw a familiar figure in the fire, though I wasn't sure of who it was.

There stood a woman, elegantly making her way towards my icey stature. As she neared, I was able to get a closer look at her features. Like the man I had met before this encounter, she had long white hair, and a black cloak... But her eyes were bright gold. "Child, your time has yet to come." She says simply. Her voice seemed distraught and almost sad that "my time" wasn't now. "Go" she adds as she touches the top of my finger, causing the ice to shatter all around. Then everything went white.

Figures emerged from the white abyss as everything began to settle in. I stood in a field, a field of flowers. However, contrary to what you might expect, these flowers were all dead.

Three figures stood in front of me, taller and more elegant than the last. One seemed to be the personification of darkness itself. It was unlike any darkness I had ever experienced. Even the dungeon with no light source on the level was brighter than the figure. The one on the right was the opposite of the one on the left, it being ... Light itself. Then the one in the middle stepped forward.

He was tall, his skin was dead. His hair was as white as ash and his eyes were a perfect impossible combination of darkness and light. He wore a long robe, half black, half white and a crown made of various rotting bones.

"Hades?" I ask, taken back by the sight in front of me. "Welcome, Melinoe Hecate." Darkness and light say in unison, causing my surroundings to change from black to white rapidly. "You may go now." Hades says, raising his hand in the air and twisting his wrist, causing the beings to vanish.

"What is this place?" I ask. As I examine the flowers, I notice little bugs crawling around. "I wouldn't touch them, they have a nasty bite. One so nasty it reaches to the land of the living." He says, walking by me. "What do you mean reaches the land of the living? Does that mean I'm dead!?" I shreek in fear that the fire really had taken me. "Nonsense child, you are merely in the Realm of Death. Now come." He says and I turn around to face him.

"Woah." I say to myself. "Impressive, is it not? Though it could use a few touch ups here and there." He says, looking back at me with a small smile on his face. I had thought the Everglane castle was impressive, but this was beyond anything I could ever imagine. Describing it to you is impossible, for I go to put it into words ... And nothing besides magnificent and colorless come to mind. The entire world lacked any and all color. However, the lack of color somehow made it even more magnificent. Something inside me longed for this place. The beast inside felt almost tamed.

We walked through the city surrounding the castle and there were peaceful townfolk going about their everyday lives... Well, not lives.

They're all dead.

"Why are we here?" I ask as Hades picks up an apple from one of the various market stands, thanking the woman and tipping her generously. "The place we met is not my world... It was once, but it is no longer mine. This is my world. Where I am at full strength... You will learn to channel the energy from my world, across the barrier, and into your own. This will take time and patience, but I believe this is something you will be able to accomplish." He says, nonchalantly as if this isn't a weird thing to say to someone you just met and took to death.

"Wait what? What do you mean channel energy and take it to my world? What am I supposed to do? Call out, oh world of dead flowers and not so scary dead people, let me borrow your energy!" I say dramatically flaying my arms around in the air. The townspeople gasp and go quiet. "They don't like being called dead." Hades informs me. "We prefer passed." A woman says as she holds her little boys hand. "Or cooler." He adds and she pulls him aside.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt mean to offend anyone." I say and they shrug and continue to go about their day. He stops walking and looks down at me. "Calling out to the world won't work that way unfortunately. You must reach within. You were born with a power far beyond anything that has been seen in your realm for a millennia. The power runs through your viens. Like electricity. Powering your very being, every moon that passes in your realm, the power grows stronger. It becomes more unpredictable, more dangerous. Quite literally deadly. This is why you must learn to control it... Before it controls you." He says, his eyes turning blue once more.