Chapter 3 - Bad Idea

"I think it's time for you to go back to work." He suggested.

"I actually don't have work today," You lied, you just wanted to try and spend more time with him truthfully.

"You're lying, aren't you? I didn't think you would actually want to be friends with someone like me." He confessed.

"What do you mean? I love being around you." You never thought you'd admit that to him.

"Is that so? Most people don't willingly go up to people who are a part of the Akademiya." He responds whilst looking at you, his grey hair covering his other eye.

"That's the funny part actually, two people already told me to stay away from you. Or at least something similar to that." You smiled apologetically, it didn't matter to you. You just enjoyed his company, that's all.

He scoffed, "And you didn't listen to them, obviously." He smirked back at you.

Now that you thought of it, if Tighnari found out you left work to hangout with Alhaitham he would surely be mad at you. At the moment it seemed fine when you left but now the anxiety of having to go back to Gandharva Ville later swallowed you whole. What if you lost your job? No Tighnari would never, at least you hoped so

"Lost in thought again?" His voice brought you back to reality.

"Yeah sorry, just thinking about something I have to worry about later."

"Why don't we go to Sumeru city to distract you then?" You agreed and the both of you talked about all kinds of things on the way there, getting closer to each other.

Once you got to the entrance of Sumeru City, you saw a familiar figure you did not want to see.

"I can't go over there." You stopped in your tracks afraid of running into Tighnari. He was talking to a guard at the side of the entrance. There was no way you'd be able to get in without him noticing.

"We could wait until he leaves then, you should get back to work tomorrow and don't worry about me, alright?

"Fine, but right now I have to worry about this!" You panicked because god forsaken Tighnari already heard the both of you coming over here. Those ears aren't just for show, he actually has really good hearing, and it terrified you specifically in this moment.

Then Tighnari stopped and looked straight at you, with a confused face. And after seeing who you were with, his expression not only changed from confused, but to a more disappointed one.

"Oh shit I'm actually about to die." You were in shock, but you knew that this would happen. I mean both of you were standing out in the open.

He put his hand on your shoulder, "I'll plan your funeral." He knew exactly what just happened.

And soon enough, you couldn't run away because Tighnari was right in front of you now. I guess you did sneak out of work, what were you really expecting?

"I've been trying to find you all day, and I see you, with him?" He pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes.

"I don't have an explanation this time, i'm–" Your sentence was soon cut off.

"Yeah because how can you explain this?"

"Please it was one time, don't fire me!" You pleaded, you didn't think you could get any other jobs, you barely got this one.

"Fire you? No, I'm just disappointed. I also need to speak with you when you get back. Enjoy your time with your friend I suppose." He walked away from the both of you. That definitely wasn't the end of it, and you knew it.

"Goodluck later, I'm sure you'll need it." Alhaitham said to you with reassurance.

"Yeah thank you, I guess we can go in now." You smiled looking back at him.

Finally walking into Sumeru City, you both looked around for hours enjoying your time with him. Soon, you started to feel funny. You knew Alhaitham was attractive, but you never thought you'd fall for him. As you got to know him more, you started to acknowledge this feeling even more. Although you wanted to deny it, you couldn't, and it wouldn't go away. You just decided to ignore it, not ready to fully confront them.

"I have to go back now, something came up. I have time to walk you back, don't worry." He quickly said, turning to you.

"No, I'm sure it's urgent if you have to go immediately. I'll be fine, and I'll see you soon." You didn't want to waste his time, and you didn't want to be the reason he was late for anything.

"Y/n, I don't want you to get lost. So I'll take you back and don't worry about wasting my time, you're not."

You shook your head, "I'm not going to get lost, I swear. I don't want to be the reason you're late."

"I also don't want to be the reason you get lost." he grabbed your hand gently, "Let's go."

You couldn't say anything back to him now, you knew he wouldn't just let you walk back on your own. It's true you'd probably get lost from getting distracted, but at least you partly knew your way back. All you could do now is sigh, you found it nice how much he cared about you already.

"Thank you, I hope to see you again soon." you smiled warmly, making eye contact with him for a few seconds.

"It was my pleasure, I must go now. You'll see me again very soon." He smirked at you and walked away.

Now the only thing left to worry about, is what Tighnari wanted to tell you. It can't be that bad, right? At least your job wouldn't get taken away.

A/N: I actually have a lot of motivation to write more chapters so i'll post 2 more chapters this week because i'll most likely be busy on the weekend, but I could write a short chapter on saturday (I'm probably lying and it will probably also be 1,000 words+ or something like that)