Chapter 4 - The Note

Although you didn't want to even see Tighnari now, you didn't have a choice. You walked to Tighnari's house, reassuring yourself that this will all be over in just a few minutes, hopefully.

"Ah Y/N. I've been waiting for you," He skimmed through his notes and finally put them away and faced you.

"Hey.." You awkwardly wave to him.

"So you left work to hang out with Alhaitham?" He looked you dead in the eyes. "I am not particularly mad about you hanging out with him, what I am mad about is you skipping work."

"I'm sorry I don't know what compelled me to do that I just- wanted to see him I guess." You didn't know exactly how to put it, but it was something along those lines.

"That's odd, I'll let you think about that. But for now, just go back to work," You nodded and went back to Avidya forest to do whatever it was you needed to do

"Hey Y/n, I knew i'd find you here" You turned around to see Childe, but you never told him you worked here? You just ignored it for now.

"Hey Childe, what are you doing here?" You questioned while putting your notes in your bag

"I just wanted to check up on you, besides we haven't actually hung out in a while,"

"I'm actually busy right now but I get off in about 3 hours," You checked your watch, you got an extra hour of work today due to the circumstances that happened earlier.

"No worries, I actually want to go to Port Ormos with you later." He smiled, but that wasn't his usual smile. However, that was the least of your worries right now.

"I don't think that's a good idea-" You responded thinking about what Alhaitham said to you

"Why not? Today is the only day I'm not busy." He knew exactly what he was doing. You hadn't caught on yet, you thought about it for a few seconds. You thought it would be fine since it'll already be dark out when you get off of work. Nobody would see the both of you, at least that's what you thought.

"Fine," You sighed, today was definitely a stressful day for you.

"Great, I'll be back soon, don't forget." He winked at you. Confusion hit you as soon as he did that, but you've known him long enough to know that's what he did to everyone.

3 hours later

Finally, you were done with work, you looked at the sunset and admired it

"Are you ready?" Childe waved his hand in front of your face, you must've zoned out for a second there.

"Yeah sorry let's go," You turned over to him, he was already smiling at you.

Tighnari's POV

"Hey Collei, isn't that guy a part of the fatui.." He stared at You and Childe trying to see who you were talking to.

"What?" Collei now had a surprised expression on her face, "Yeah but why would Y/N be talking to him?" She was worried for you.

"I'm not sure, I'll be right back."

Back to your POV

You and Childe started walking to Port Ormos until you heard footsteps.

"Tighnari? What are you doing here?"

"I'm just checking if you're alright, would mind telling me why you're talking to someone a part of the fatui?" This was the exact question you were scared of.

"You don't need to worry about them, I'm not going to hurt anyone." Childe spoke back before you could.

"How am I supposed to trust you?" Tighnari said back to him.

"He's my friend, I know he isn't going to hurt me. Can you just trust me for once?" You shot back at him

"Your friend? You know how dangerous the fatui can be, don't you remember?" You knew exactly what he was referring to. About what happened to Collei and everything to do with the fatui.

"Let's go." The only person a part of the fatui you knew was Childe, but you know him and what he's like.

"You're just going to ignore me I suppose? Fine, just be safe." Tighnari looked back at you and left after a few seconds. You felt bad but it's not like you, yourself were a part of the fatui.

You were in a bad mood now, but you couldn't let that show you didn't want anyone to worry for you.

The both of you finally got to Port Ormos, "So why did you want to come here anyway? There's not much to do." You questioned.

"No particular reason." There it was again, that smile. You knew he was planning something, but what? You looked away from him. It was a Friday night so you didn't worry about work the next day, you didn't have to see Tighnari or Collei after what happened. You could just stay at home, and finally relax for the first time this week. You walked around with Childe for a bit until you saw him.

Unfortunately, you saw Alhaitham there. The one person you didn't want to see right now.

"Let's turn this way-" You started walking the opposite way but of course nothing actually went your way.

"We already went that way though?" Childe was confused, "Oh I see what's going on here."

"What?" Now you were confused.

"Why don't I go say hello then?" At this very moment you were panicking, some immense type of pain hit you

"No no no, don't do that!" You grabbed his arm, you knew you couldn't do anything at this point but you could at least try.

"You should go say 'hello' too, he's your friend anyway right?"

"Yeah but we just can't go over there, let's-" But it was too late Childe was already walking you over to Alhaitham.

"Hello, you must be one of Y/N's friends, correct?" You internally died, frozen in shock.

"Hello? Y/N, what are you doing with him?" He looked straight at you, his gaze upon you once again.

"Hanging out with him...what else would I be doing?" You responded once you calmed down.

He scoffed, "It's funny that you say that actually.."

"What do you mean," You asked for clarification. He then handed you a note, your eyes widened and you looked over at Childe.

"Oops." He smiled.