Chapter 23 - Forever With You

You quickly got to the Avidya forest, it was early in the morning now. The anxiety rushed through your body as you took each step closer.

"Tighnari–?" You said in a shocked tone, "And Collei.."

"Is something wrong Y/n? You look kind of sick." Collei walks up to you with a worried look.

"No– never mind that." You shake your head left and right.

You knew Tighnari knew something was wrong but he didn't say anything about it.

"How'd your travels go? I know you've been busy." He smiles at you.

"They went fine–" You lied, ignoring the piercing pain in your stomach that was still recovering.

"Come visit us later, I can tell you're busy, no?" Tighnari said, putting his hand on his hip.

"Yeah–I'll come back later. I bet you two are busy with work as well." You nod and begin to go to Alhaitham's house.

You got there quickly, even if it did cause you a bit of pain. Knocking on the door, you didn't actually expect him to be there.

"Y/n–you've finally returned," He smiles at you, but all you could do was stand there in shock.

"How is this possible..." You think out loud for a moment. "No– is this real?" You want to make sure this was truly reality.

"It is, why?" You could tell he was confused, but you just looked up and smiled at him.

"Y/n! How the hell did you get all the way over here?" You hear Childe say in the near distance.

"Childe? How did you get here so fast?" You were shocked, since you left at midnight does that mean he left at the same time?

"That doesn't matter, you were supposed to rest. Especially after that horrible wound you got." He later gets closer to the both of you.

You sighed, you knew Alhaitham would question what he was talking about now that he mentioned the stab wound you got. And sure enough, you saw him turn his head to you.

"Horrible wound? What is he talking about?" Alhaitham said with a stern look on his face.

"It's not that big a deal, I just got stabbed and almost died." You brushed it off like it was nothing, not wanting him to worry.

"Y/n, what were you doing for the past two days?" He closes the door behind him and goes closer to you.

"Working? Well I think I got fired but i'm not sure they didn't clarify on that too much..." You shrugged.

"Please, tell me what happened." He insists and puts his hand on your shoulder.

You tell him the whole story, from when they threatened to kill everyone you love to when you got stabbed. Not wanting to tell him Childe brought you to his house, that would cause more problems.

"I still don't understand how you're all alive..." You said referring to your friends, and especially him.

"If I may?" Childe tunes into the conversation. "After I brought you to safety, I convinced them to let you go. You're no longer a harbinger nor work for the Fatui, I knew that this is what you truly wanted. It took a day of convincing, it was tough to get them to that conclusion though." Childe Admitted soon after.

"You did all of that for me? Thank you.." You smile warmly towards him.

"It's just what friends do after all, isn't it?" He laughs slightly, you couldn't thank him enough.

"So does that mean I can finally return to the life I once had?" You said happily.

"Of course, the Fatui will no longer be contacting you, I'll visit you every once in a while, don't worry." Childe reassures you.

"I'm glad you have achieved what you wanted Y/n, I love you no less than before. I will always love you." Alhaitham raises your chin with his hand, wanting you to look directly at him.

"I think I should leave now, I have other things to do. I'll see you soon Y/n." He smiles and walks away, you could tell something was wrong you left it at that

Alhaitham kisses you passionately, and you kiss him back.

"I love you, endlessly." Alhaitham says as he caresses your cheek with his thumb.

It's been years since the incident of that year, with the outcome being better than you'd expect. You ended up getting your job back, working at the Avidya forest. And you stayed with Alhaitham, forever. 

A/N: I guess this is the ending I had so much fun writing this tbh and i'm kind of sad it's the end ngl but i'm writing a new fanfiction I don't know if any of you want to read it because it's a Childe x reader but I hope you enjoyed reading this because i'm going to miss writing this story, I could also do a Part 2 continuation of this story, but I'd have to think of a good plot to continue it off of if any of you would like that i'd definitely do it, maybe i'll do a oneshot book like an Alhaitham x reader oneshot book, i'll take any requests as long as their not weird or anything, I might write more Alhaitham x readers in the future but for now I need a long break (i'm lying i'm working on the 1st chapter of the Childe x reader i'm posting today) 

I loved all of your comments they were so funny I love all of you btw <3