Chapter 17 - Advice

F/F: Favorite Flower <3

        You just decided to walk up to him and ask him, but you felt just a bit jealous. What could be the harm in just saying hello?

"Hey Alhaitham, who's this?" You smiled at him, you always felt at ease when you were around him, but this time it was different.

"Hello, she's just one of my friends, don't worry–" He seemed nervous. "I'm a bit busy right now, I promise i'll be back early today though so i'll see you later?" He kissed your forehead.

"Oh alright? I'll see you later then." Something was off about him and you wanted to know what was going on. His friend also seemed nervous, but again you weren't really paying attention to her.

"Wait–" He stopped you whilst you were walking away. "What's your favorite kind of flower?" This question caught off guard, and was really strange to ask but you thought about it for a few seconds.

"F/F, why?" You were confused on why he would ask that so suddenly.

"Just wondering of course, I'll see you later." He smiled and walked back to the girl from earlier. How come she could spend time with him but you couldn't? You were honestly just confused, and worried, you just needed to talk to someone about this. Maybe Tighnari or Collei, but you weren't sure if you were on speaking terms with them. Nothing could go wrong to just check, so off you went to the Avidya forest. You started remembering all the times you would walk around here with Collei.

You missed your old job, but that was simply in the past now and you can't do anything to get it back now. As you walked deeper and deeper into the forest you, yourself felt nervous now. You hadn't seen them in ages, that's how you considered it.

"Y/n? Is that really you?" That familiar voice sounded concerned in a way. You turned around and saw him.

"Oh– hey it's me again," This was way more awkward than expected

"Why are you here?" Tighnari went closer to you, how were you supposed to answer that question? 'Hey, I haven't seen you for a while now, I need help. I think my boyfriend is cheating on me and I need advice.'  No way, it was too straightforward and strange to say to someone you haven't seen in months probably.

"Are you okay?" You were zoned out again until you realized you still had to answer his question

"I just wanted to say sorry, and I was hoping that we could still be friends?" You were now panicking, waiting for his response.

"Okay– this is a lot to take in." He sighed, you just wanted to leave now.

"So this probably wasn't the best idea, I'm leaving. See you some other time or not it kinda depends–" You were about to walk away until he said something.

"No wait, we can still be friends, I just need to process that you're actually here now." You stood there in silence until he spoke up again, "So how have you been?

"Oh you know I've been around." By around, you meant stealing the Dendro Gnosis, stealing documents, betraying the man you love, then getting together with him, well the list goes on.

"And there are definitely some details you're not telling me but that's fine." He was a mind reader and nothing could change your mind about this theory. "I'm not reading your mind either so stop thinking that."

What?

"Well anyway we could go on a walk and catch up on everything?" You smiled nervously.

"Oh yeah sure." So then the two of you started talking and the topic came up, the one you desperately needed to tell someone about.