Chapter 5 - I Trusted You

A/N: I decided to post this early, I was going to post this tomorrow but I decided not to let you all wait so here it is now <3

You stood there, the note in hand. You being accused of being a part of the fatui? No way.

"Alhaitham, does everyone know about this?" You looked up, he was already looking at you.

"Unfortunately, they did warn everyone already. I know the truth but everyone else doesn't." He responded back to you.

"Childe, you know I still have to work in Sumeru right? Why didn't you tell me they found out about you being a part of the fatui? Then you just asked me to hang out with you after all of this despite the consequences." You were in disbelief.

"They're after me too, you know." His smile faded after a while

"I have to go home right now and-"

"That isn't the safest option right now, I think it's best if you come with me." Alhaitham was worried for you.

"Wait really? What about you, I don't think you would want to be seen with me right now anyway." You acknowledged this, you didn't want Alhaitham to lose his job at the Akademiya after all.

"Don't worry about that, it's best if we go now." He then glanced over at Childe, "Don't bother them anymore."

Alhaitham's house was near Port Ormos, but it also wasn't very close to it. Apparently there was a city you didn't know about, it actually looked very nice to you.

"My house is just a mile away, don't worry." You nodded, but all of you could think about is the note, who could've reported that anyway? What if Collei already found out, she would be heartbroken that her friend was a part of the fatui. Even though it wasn't true, you were speaking to Childe when Tighnari went up to you earlier.

Alhaitham's house was large, it also looked very nice from the exterior. You wondered how it would look from the inside. Soon, you both walked in and it looked amazing, you were in awe.

"Wow it looks amazing," Your eyes wandered around the place.

"Thank you, I also must warn you there is technically only one bedroom. The two other rooms are used for my documents and notes unfortunately." This is was your current worry, you couldn't go one day without having at least one worry right?

"Oh- that's fine." You were lying, although you didn't mind sleeping in the samebed as him, it made you nervous.

"I can sleep somewhere else if you're not comfortable with me sleeping beside you."

"No no I don't mind, really," You smiled sympathetically.

"As long as it's fine with you."

You both went into his bedroom, the bed was big enough for the both of you. You sighed in relief, the room was nicely decorated as well.

"You may lay down if you need to, today has probably been very stressful for you." He said with a comforting tone, you enjoyed hearing his voice for some odd reason.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. How long will I be staying here?" You asked.

"Until it's safe for you to go out I suppose, I'll try to clear your name." He took off his cape and put it aside.

"What am I going to wear if I can't even go to my own house to get my clothes?" You sighed, you didn't want to wear the same clothes for however long this will take.

"I'll give you clothes to borrow, I'll be right back." He came back a few seconds later and brought you clean clothing to change into. You went into the bathroom to change, locking the door.

Once you came back out you saw him sitting on the bed shirtless, wearing sweatpants. You were staring at his abs unconsciously. You snapped out of it a second later, hoping he didn't notice and sat on the other side of the bed.

The room was getting colder, although you were under the blankets. One thing you did enjoy was the smell of them, the blankets smelled just like Alhaitham. Besides that, you were still freezing and were now shivering occasionally.

"Are you cold?" He turns over at you smiling.

"Unfortunately." You sighed.

"Would you like me to hug you?" He asked, still looking at you while a faint blush appeared on your face, once again.

"Sure, why not?" You smiled back at him, and he held you in his arms while the both of you drifted off to sleep.

The morning came, and the both of you were in the same position as you were when you both fell asleep. Alhaitham woke up first still hugging you, staring at you for a minute or two. You opened your eyes to see him.

"Good morning," He was looking straight into your eyes.

"Good morning" You smiled as you said it back to him, there was a comfortable silence between the two of you for a few seconds.

"I should go get ready, you can rest for a little while longer." He eventually unwrapped his arms that were once around you and got up. You wanted that moment to last forever but you knew that wasn't possible

While laying there, alone with your thoughts you wondered if Tighnari or Collei were even worried about you. For all you knew, they could be happy you're finally gone or something along those lines.

Why would they want to be around someone who was just accused of being a part of the fatui? Why would anyone really? But then Alhaitham came into mind, he didn't care because he knew that wasn't true. He trusts you.

Alhaitham was in his usual outfit now, "I need to go now, just a warning don't go into the rooms with my documents and notes, thank you and goodbye."

You had no reason to go in there anyway, you nodded, "Goodbye i'll see you later." you waved goodbye and saw him leave. What would you do for the rest of the day? There isn't much to do when you're stuck indoors.

Then you heard the doorbell ring, It was Collei?

A/N: Just a little bit of fluff because you all probably need it after whatever I just wrote, anyway I actually love writing these chapters so expect more very soon <3 (Sorry if there's any spelling mistakes I didn't have time to proof read)