Chapter 19 - Everything Was Fine

"I love you, but you already knew that." Alhaitham smiled at you, he wasn't one to say that often it made you blush.

"I love you too." You warmly smiled back at him, you were enjoying your time with him.

"I wanted to mention something– more specifically someone." His smile faded.

"Oh who is it?" You didn't really know who he was going to bring up so you were naturally curious.

"That fatui member– you call him Childe, yes?" Now your smile faded.

"Yeah, what about him?" You tilted your head in confusion.

"Why are you around him so much? I understand the two of you work together but– I don't like how much time you spend with him." He admittedly said to you, this was surprising to hear.

"I don't mean to spend that much time with him, he just follows me almost everywhere I guess." You sighed, you didn't want to admit it but you slightly enjoyed Childe's company from time to time.

"I see, how long have you known each other?" He asked, but you found it strange he was even asking about Childe in the first place.

"A few years maybe? Back when I used to live in Liyue we became friends, then he left to go to Inazuma a year after that, then came back. Then I left to go to Sumeru after another year or so and I guess he came here eventually as well." You tried to explain this as clearly as you could, but inevitably even you were confused at what you just said. You were trying to help Alhaitham understand with hand movements, you always talked with your hands but you never really noticed it yourself.

He smiled at you as he saw you struggling on clarifying the timeline.

"It's okay I understand what you're trying to say." He said after kissing your forehead.

"I'm sorry, I could try and stay away from him but–" Then it finally clicked, he was jealous. 

"You're jealous too?" You quickly responded a second later.

"No, I'm just– worried about your safety." The small pause told you everything you needed to know.

"Oh really?" You were now the one smirking at him, you've never seen him nervous like this, maybe a one or two times but not like this.

"I should be the one teasing you, especially after earlier." He inched closer to you.

"I thought you were going to leave me completely after that, I thought you hated me." You admitted to him regrettably.

"What? I would never hate you, I just felt as if you didn't love me anymore." You were shocked at what he said. If anything you were head over heels for him.

"No, I know I might've come off as uninterested in going out yesterday, but I was panicked at that moment." You broke eye contact.

"Y/n, I know you don't want to be a part of the Fatui forever, but you also don't have to worry about my reputation." He sighed, reminding you of the fact again. Soon the both of you heard someone call his name.

"Alhaitham what are you doing with them?" They were from the Akademiya, and they were mad

"I'm just talking with them, nothing more." He responded calmly, you for one would not be calm in the situation he was in.

"We're supposed to be against the Fatui, not get together with them behind the boss's back.

You anxiously looked at Alhaitham, 'how did they even find out where we were?' This thought was the only thing on your mind as you stood there next to him.

"Why should it be any of your business?" Alhaitham stood in front of you now, he didn't want anything bad to happen to you.

"Because they're our enemy, you can't just be all friendly with them." You knew it wasn't your place to say anything at the moment, if anything you could ruin this for Alhaitham even more than just being near him right now.

"He was just about to—arrest me, actually." You stepped slightly forward, hesitating. Alhaitham turned to you and gave you a shocked look, but played along since there was no turning back now.

"Then were the both of you talking for so long then?" They admitted to watching the both of you from afar, which you were not very fond of but you just let it slide for now.

"We were arguing! Yeah– because I don't want to go to jail.." You tried to sound believable and surprisingly it worked? Later the Akademiya member left, which made you sigh in relief.

"He must be severely stupid." Alhaitham later said to you as you continued walking, you laughed at his remark and he laughed with you.

"I don't know how he believed me, I think I was too nervous." You sighed with a smile on your face.

"You did just fine, besides that is there anywhere else you want to go?"

"I don't think so, we've practically almost gone everywhere." You felt as if something bad was about to happen, but you couldn't quite pinpoint the problem. It was strange you felt this way but you couldn't bother to address it right now, you were having such a good time with Alhaitham.

"Why don't we head back then?" You nodded in agreement, and the both of you went back to his house.

Once the both of you made it back safely, you saw a familiar figure. A very familiar figure at that, dread washed over you in that instant. You and Alhaitham got closer, which was probably not the best idea.

"What are you doing here?" Alhaitham was irritated that Childe was clearly waiting for you.

"Relax, I just need to speak to Y/n for a minute or two." He looked over at you.

"About what?" You thought back to the conversation you and Alhaitham had earlier, you were scared of what was going to happen.

"The Electro Gnosis, nothing else." He was telling the truth, and you knew that.

"He's not lying, can I just speak to him? I promise I'll be back soon." You gave him a reassuring smile, he nodded back at you. You followed Childe to a secluded area, something was off but you just ignored the feeling.

"Look, I know I've been acting weird lately and I just wanted to clear everything up." This wasn't about the Electro Gnosis.

"Go on," You decided just to let him speak, it must be important.

He was about to speak until it looked like he knew he was going to regret what he was about to say.

"Nevermind–I'll tell you some other time alright? Anyway we'll find Scaramouche tomorrow alright? I know this is important to you." You were curious about what he was about to say, what was he thinking to make him have that regretful expression on his face?

"Yeah alright. I'll see you–tomorrow." He nodded and you went back to Alhaitham.

"You seem worried, what happened?" He knew something was wrong, he always knew when something was wrong.

"You don't have to worry about it, maybe I should later but I think it's best if we leave it at that." Maybe you'd tell him about it some other time, but today just wasn't the day. You still needed to get that Gnosis to quit the Fatui, or you'd have more encounters like earlier when you would go out with Alhaitham. And you didn't want to constantly deal with that.

A/N: I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes i'm pretty sure i'm about to get my phone taken away so have to write this quickly and I might to update for a while, but If I don't get my phone taken away then there will be a new chapter soon so don't worry or worry i don't know anyway have a good day <3