Chapter 12 - Forbidden Love

"What are you doing here!?" The fact that you were being pinned against the wall by him slipped your mind, as you were only concerned on why he was here.

"I can't answer that, however I need to speak with you." He said towering over you. "Let's get out of here first."

"How can I trust you when you tried to arrest me yesterday?" You yelled back at him, he quickly put his hand over your mouth.

"I suggest you stay silent before we both get caught." You nodded and he removed his hand from your mouth. "Now then, we should get going."

"Did you really come all this way just to talk to me, or is there something more significant you haven't told me yet?" You wanted to know exactly why he was here, you assumed that he thought you wouldn't go back to Sumeru after being revealed to actually be a part of the Fatui.

"Didn't I tell you to stay silent?" You looked back to you as you walked next to him.

"Whatever." At least you were prepared if he tried anything, but you would never hurt him even after everything. You stared at him for a bit, you noticed the new outfit he had on, and of course he still looked attractive.

"Having fun staring at me?" You looked away quickly after you had been staring for too long. Then he just smirked at you, this would count as leading you on for nothing but you just couldn't help but fall for him. He took you to a secluded area, you found this suspicious.

"So are we going to talk, or what?" You sighed, you just wanted to sleep without any disturbances.

"After thinking for a while– about what you said. I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and I knew you wouldn't want to see me again after what happened so I came to see you." He apologized, you could tell he was being honest.

"It's fine, but I think you should leave. It's too dangerous here. I don't want you to get hurt." You admitted to him.

"I'll be fine, I just want you to be safe, I know you made this decision for a reason. We may be on different sides now but–" He stopped.

"What–" Then you heard two people talking to each other.

"Have you met that new Harbinger?" It was Dottore, he was talking about you?

"Indeed I have, is something on your mind about them?" And you recognized that other voice, but you didn't know his name, he never told you.

"They'd make a good lab experiment, don't you think so?" You could hear the smile on his face.

"We need to leave." You whispered to Alhaitham as the both of you hid.

"You know you wouldn't be able to do such a thing, after all if the 12th harbinger went missing, what would Pierro think?" You caught a quick glimpse of them, one had glasses, whilst the other wore a mask over his eyes.

"Let's go." Alhaitham grabbed your arm and managed to get the both of you somewhere the two men wouldn't see.

"I'll admit that was nerve racking." You let out a sigh of relief, what they said about you would keep you up tonight. "Anyway, are you going to continue?"

"No, just forget it." He looked the other way and left you wondering what he was going to say.

"Please tell me," He was already looking at you when you turned your head to look at him.

He sighed, "I still love you, I just want you to know that."

"Do you mean it this time?" What were you thinking? After saying that you instantly just forgave him like he didn't try to arrest you yesterday. Soon, you heard someone call for him, you realized he didn't come here alone.

"I've meant it every time." He smiled at you and left. You knew you had to leave the Fatui, but how? Maybe after you successfully returned the Gnosis to them, they'd let you go. But for now, you needed to sleep and think about all of this later.

It was getting colder as the night got darker, it was pitch black now. If it weren't for the lights coming from a few of the buildings nearby, you'd be lost. Once you got a room you placed all of your stuff down and replayed those memories with Alhaitham from earlier. You couldn't believe you forgave him, but at the same time it didn't matter since the percentage of seeing him again was low. But it wasn't impossible either.

The knock on your door startled you, after regaining your composure you opened the door and to your surprise it wasn't Childe this time.

"Hello?" Why is he here?

"Hello, I need to speak with you for a minute, May I?" You sighed, you were just about sleep too, why did everyone need to say something to you today?

"Fine, come in." You rubbed your eyes in exhaustion, "This could've waited until the morning."

"My apologies, but this matter is urgent." He just simply smiled at you. "I don't believe I've introduced myself, my name is Pantalone."

"And I presume you know my name, anyway what do you need to say to me?" You crossed your arms.

"I know you heard the conversation between Dottore and I earlier, correct?

"What? No I didn't, I don't know what you're talking about." You lied, but telling by the smirk on his face he didn't buy it.

"You can keep lying but I know you were there. In any case, stay away from him. I'm just here to remind you of this warning, we wouldn't want another harbinger to go missing now would we?" He laughed slightly, you realized that this man had really dark humor. You laughed awkwardly to avoid any tension between the two of you

"Right– well I think it's time for me to sleep." Hinting that you wanted him to leave.

"Ah of course, I'll see you around then."

Today was a long day, and a very unexpected one at that. But even so, Alhaitham was the only one on your mind. 

A/N: I don't know how to feel about this chapter but I needed to write it to move on with the story anyway I felt so awkward writing Pantalone's name only because it means 'pants' in my og language 💀 Honestly disappointed I could only write one chapter today I hope I didn't make ay spelling mistakes bc i'm so tired rn 

My english teacher is going to be gone for 2 days so i'll actually survive this week 🤞

(ANOTHER UPDATE BECAUSE I CANT FUCKING SPELL AN DI CHANGED THE POV MIDWAY IN ONE SENTENCE FOR SOME REASON? IM SO SORRY>)