READ THIS IT IS NOT A PREFACE!!!!!

POV Keefe

I walked up to the podium in shock, the man who ran the raffle draw for my province had just called my name. This can't be happening. Sure Princess Sophie is pretty but come on I don't know her and I certainly don't deserve her. She is perfect and I am a shoemaker's son. ( I couldn't think of anything ) 

" Report to the train station at 7:00 am sharp to go to the Palace. Oh and you won't need anything except the essentials." The man interrupted my thoughts. 

I nod dumbly I mean what else can I do if I try to talk I'll laugh so hard I cry at the way his massive mustache twitches when he talks.

" No need to be embarrassed, you've done nothing wrong." The man says.

Poor fella thinks my face is red from embarrassment, when, in actuality it is from trying no to laugh at his mustache. Oh well.

" Go on. you may go home and grab your essentials." He says all this with his mustache twitching ferociously.

I nod rapidly and practically fly home. As soon as I am out of ear shot I start laughing so hard I can't breathe.

 " Well?" Is all my father says when I get back. All he cares about is the money in it for him if I get selected. 

" He was selected," my mother says, " You can tell from the look on his face."

" She's right I did get selected, I need to go pack my bag so goodbye." I run upstairs trying to get away from my terrible parents. I splashed water on my face to make sure this wasn't a dream. Of course I was careful not to get The Hair wet. All the girls in our village love me for my Hair. I can't blame them The Hair is the best thing ever. 

An hour later after I've packed my bag I fall backwards onto my bed without even bothering to get undressed before drifting off to sleep. 

I wake to the sun just barely peaking over the horizon the only problem was the sun rose at 6:30 am this time of year which means I have to go, now! With that realization I jumped up and snatched my satchel, taking off down the stairs and out the door glad to be rid of my foul parents.

 Now I get to juggle 3 books :) see you my peeps. God I am weird.