No.

POV Sophie

When I reach my Father's study I open the door and find him hunched over his desk looking at strange papers. My Mother is behind him rubbing his shoulders. When I open the door a little more they look up.

" Sophie? What are you doing here?" My Mother asks.

" I came to ask you an important question." I say as confidently as I can. 

" And what is that question?" My Father asks. He looks puzzled

" Can we cancel the selection? I know who I love and it would just allow me to be happier."

" My dear I'm not sure that the Vacker boy is right for you." My Mother says softly.

" It's not the Vacker that I love!" I state.

" Who, then, is it?" My Father asks, raising a suspicious eyebrow.

" Sencen, Keefe Sencen. I love him and I want to send all the other boys home immediately." 

" No." My Father says, adamant in his eyes.

" But why?" I plead desperate to get the selection canceled.

" You only know 2 of the boys. Meet the others, then we can discuss this further." He says.

" At least let me make the first clip tonight." I bargain determined not to be crushed.

" You may make the first clip but it can only contain 5 of the boys." My Father concedes. 

" Thank you." I say, leaving the study and running towards Keefe's room.

When I reach it I slowly open the door. Keefe is there on his knees sobbing.

" Keefe?! Are you okay?!" I ask heart broken seeing him like this.

" N-no. M-my p-p-parents have decided t-that this s-selection is a w-waste of time. T-their exact w-words were ' since you're so useless and the princess will never love you you may as well come home.'" As he finished he broke down again. 

" Oh no no no no no no, I love you and if you don't want your parents to live in the castle then they don't have to." I say wrapping my arms around him and holding him close.

" B-but I will never deserve you." He says looking up at me with eyes full of pain. " Fitz is a lord and bangs boy is strong and Dex is smart and I'm none of that." 

" Yes they each have their thing but I choose you, just you, all of you. Do you know what I had to ask my parents?"

" N-no." He hiccups.

" I asked them if I could cancel the selection because I know who I love." His eyes turn sad.

" And that isn't me." He says after a pause.

" No the whole reason I asked was because of you. I love you." I say for what feels like the millionth time, yet the words never feel old.

He looks at me half curious half scared. Then almost hesitantly he presses his lips to mine, as if testing my words. I kiss back with a passion though the kiss stays soft and sweet.

When he pulls back his eyes are half lidded. You really mean it. You love me. No one has ever said those words to me before. Not even my parents.

I begin to cry. " Oh honey that's so sad." Mentally I swear to tell him those words, the ones he had never heard before, everyday of my life.

" But I d-don't deserve these words my parents made that clear. I'm just a worthless little brat."

" NO! Stop telling yourself that it's not true I love you, with all my heart." At these words he starts sobbing harder than ever so I pull his closer and slowly run my hands through his hair. He slowly calms down and falls asleep. I kiss his forehead and slowly drift off.

Here is yet another chapter. I haven't given up yet.