A really weird boy I must clip from selection first thing

POV Sophie

I woke to birds chirping, the sun rising, and Biana screaming. As soon as the last sound registered I sat bolt upright. Today I had to meet the boys in the selection as they arrived.

Biana stuffs me into an ice blue dress with silver highlights,

Silver heeled ankle boots,

she pulled my hair into a braided bun,

and brushed some silver fading to blue power on my eyelids

( this last picture isn't  the best but I couldn't find what I wanted

( this last picture isn't  the best but I couldn't find what I wanted. )

When Biana had finally finished it was nearly time for them to arrive and I apparently had to forego breakfast so I could meet the contestants.

We walk down stairs because I can't do anything in heels. As I descend the crystal staircase gasp arises from the boys clustered just inside.

" Form a single file line to greet the princess." My bodyguard, Sandor grunts to the boys in his squeaky voice.

A laugh comes from someone in the group I look in their direction. It was the boy with the ice blue eyes. His laugh is contagious and soon I'm laughing too. Once I calm down my eyes meet his, they are filled with an emotion I cannot place. I stare into them curiously. Eventually he looks away and heads to the back of the line.

At the front of the line is a boy with greasy hair pulled into a ponytail. When he reaches me he bows and takes my hand kissing the back of it. What disgusts me is when he kisses my hand he licks it. Licks it! " I am Valin my lady." He offers an oily smile.

 I make a mental note: A really weird boy I must clip from the selection first thing. As soon as he moves on I wipe my hand on my dress' skirt. The next few boys are the same kissing my hand and bowing. Most of the other boys are the type with the v-neck shirts. They grin at me seductively and bow. Again the last four are the best of the bunch. The first of them was the boy with the strawberry blonde hair. " I'm Dex, Dex Dizznee." Dex introduces himself. 

The second was the one with the black bangs. " Tam, just Tam." I decide that he has layers and quite a few of them are salty.

The third one was Fitz. " Lord Fitzroy." I say with a curtsy.

" Princess Sophie, I thought you knew me well enough to call me Fitz." He kisses the back of my hand. I merely shook my head with a smile.

The last one was the one who laughed. " Keefe, Keefe Sencen. You're really pretty y'know that?" He smirks, though he is hiding some kind of sadness in his eyes.

" Sophie, Sophie Foster. I hope to get to know you better." I say offering a smile.

" See you soon Foster." He gives me a nod and follows Fitz.

( After Dinner )

Dinner was so awkward. I sat in between Valin and Keefe. Valin was shooting me looks every 30 seconds and I conversed with Keefe the most. That only earned him glares. after dinner I had taken off my dress and switched to some riding pants and a shirt, of course I am no longer wearing heels I ditched those for a pair of sturdy boots.. I climbed down the vines hanging from my windowsill into the garden and now I am sitting on a tree branch thinking.

I hear soft singing coming closer. At first I thought it was Jerry, he was a guard and sang a lot. But it wasn't Jerry singing it was Keefe.

" Hello Keefe, I see what you meant by you'd see me soon." I say.

Keefe jumped when I spoke. " Actually I meant dinner though this is better." He says after a moment.

I jumped from the tree and landed in a crouch. " It is better." I say.

" Do you think I have the slightest chance of winning your heart?" he asks, his voice was so quiet he could barely be heard, he probably didn't mean for me to hear it was that quiet.

" I think you have the best chance of anyone." I whisper back.

He looks up and takes a step closer " Ya think so? Even more than that Fitzroy fella?" He seems genuine.

" Yes even more than Fitz, he's just in it for the crown." I say only a little bit louder than before, I inch forward a fraction, the tips of our boots are almost touching. 

 " Huh I never thought I would have fallen for a princess." He mutters this to himself clearly not meaning for me to hear.

" I never thought I would be falling for a shoemaker's son." I don't bother to whisper this fact.

Keefe looks up at me eyes wide and takes one last step forward, the tips of our boots are now touching. He leans in and I do too. Just before our lips meet I hear a voice calling my name.

" I'm sorry I have to go." I say, turning away from him. " Meet me at my room at 1:00 in the afternoon. That way you won't have to sing alone." I kiss him on the cheek and run away. I look back and see him touch his cheek in astonishment.

POV Fitzroy

I hear Sophie tell that Keefe boy that she would like to get to know him better. That can't be good for my chances of the crown.

" Sophie! Are you out there!" I call quite desperate.

Instead of responding she runs towards me. " What do you want Fitzroy." She says let out a lot of venom on my name.

" Do we really have to go through this again? It's Fitz you know that. All I wanted was to meet in the garden like we used to." I say.

" Ahh yes the late night garden meetings. Now if you'll excuse me I have to head back to my room." She says clearly wanting to get away. Though I wonder why. ( maybe it's because of your ugly face. ) 

" Please just stay another moment. There is something I want to give you something I should have given you long ago." I say wrapping an arm around her waist.

" I'm afraid it will have to wait." She says sternly. Freeing herself from my grip and walking away.

POV Sophie

Fitz was acting weird and he clearly wanted to kiss me, as if I would let him. How am I going to avoid him now? Oh well I hop into my shower and my thoughts turn to Keefe, his smirk, his laugh, his eyes. I know I shouldn't be but I'm falling, hard.

Once again as I drift off to sleep ice blue eyes fill my dreams.

 Here is an extra long one to make up for the fact that the other two were kinda short.