Mischief deals

INT. COURTNEY/AIDEN ROOM - NIGHT

Courtney and Bellarose talk about what happened at school.

COURTNEY Why didn't you tell me what had happened?

BELLAROSE I was scared you were gonna yell at me.

COURTNEY I wasn't gonna yell at you. I'm more mad you didn't tell me sooner. Promise me this won't happen again. And if it does I'll know right away

COURTNEY (cont'd) okay?

BELLAROSE Am I gonna be punished.

COURTNEY One week no chocolate cake.

BELLAROSE No!

COURTNEY Sorry. Rules are rules.

BELLAROSE Come on!

Bellarose starts crying. Courtney comforts her.

INT. HARTS HOUSE - KITCHEN - MORNING
First day of school. Aiden makes the girls sandwiches. Mallory and the twins enter and sit down.

AIDEN Good morning.

BELLAROSE Good morning.

AIDEN I made you guys breakfast.

MALLORY Wow.

AIDEN There weren't many options you know.

AVAMAY If the house wasn't ready why did we move in? Couldn't we wait?

AIDEN Of course we could but your mom wanted to be around to see what happens when she's not here.

MALLORY Classic.

INT. COURTNEY/AIDEN ROOM - MORNING
Courtney gets ready for her first day at work. She's nervous and in a hurry. She doesn't like to be late. While getting ready a shadow figure passes by in front of her. It's like a trick of her eyes. She's confused as to what just happened but she doesn't mind. She has more important things to focus on. Aiden opens the door.

AIDEN I'm about to take the girls to school.

COURTNEY Okay. (then) Wait!

COURTNEY (cont'd) (re: her outfit) How does this look?

AIDEN You look great. Good luck!

COURTNEY Thanks.

Aiden closes the door. Courtney looks at herself in the mirror with confidence. She takes a few deep breaths and then heads out. But behind her in the mirror stands a man. He's wearing all black and a mask and his finger nails are so long he could stab someone. He's the sketchy man. Remember the name cause we will see enough of him.

EXT. NEIGHBORHOOD - MORNING Courtney gets out of her car. She didn't find a parking space near her job building and now she'll have to walk. Which is not a problem for her. Courtney walks away. Towards her job building. She passes by an alley. The sketchy man is right there. Waiting. Courtney doesn't notice him. She keeps walking.

Courtney passes by another alley, and then another, and another. Each time the man comes closer. Courtney stops. She can feel someone's eyes on her. She turns around. The man is now far behind her down the street. It's a very isolated street and it's terrifying.

Courtney keeps walking. Only faster this time. The man walks faster as well. Courtney gets scared even more by second. The faster she walks, the faster he runs. At some point he catches on to her. But instead of stopping he walks ahead. Courtney is relieved.

Courtney arrived at her new job. She enters. And behind her, the sketchy man.

INT. ACCOUNTANT'S OFFICE - MOMENTS LATER
Courtney walks in. She spots her office. It's right next to Bruce's office (50s), another accountant.