Unfinished business

INT. LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Aiden sits next to Mallory, who's in a huge amount of shock. She doesn't move, nor say a word. We can see that they're talking but we can't make it out. We watch. And slowly tilt into Courtney talking on the phone.

COURTNEY (on the phone) Yeah she's with us. No she's not hurt. Thank you. Oh and Erin? I'm sorry for your loss.

Courtney hangs up. Aiden realizes she's gonna say something that's gonna upset Mallory.

AIDEN Do not say a thing.

COURTNEY But you have to say it's kind of...

AIDEN Do not say it!

COURTNEY Fine!

MALLORY No it's fine. Everything's fine. Didn't know her for that long anyway.

COURTNEY Mallory your friend was murdered it's okay to feel bad.

MALLORY But I don't feel bad.

COURTNEY You have to feel bad, your friend died right next to you.

AIDEN Hey if she says she doesn't feel bad she doesn't, period.

COURTNEY But that's not possible. 

AIDEN Mallory would you like to go upstairs please.

Mallory goes upstairs.

COURTNEY Why doesn't she feel bad?

AIDEN Maybe that's just how she copes with it.

COURTNEY That's not normal.

AIDEN It is you just don't like it.

COURTNEY Yeah I don't if it makes her a psychopath.

AIDEN Look she's just a kid maybe she can't process death or maybe she doesn't understand the concept of it and thinks that she'll see her again tomorrow. (then) Let her go to bed. We'll see how she deals with it tomorrow.

COURTNEY Okay fine.

Courtney goes upstairs. She's mad at Aiden for telling her what to do.

AIDEN Don't walk away just cause you're mad!

COURTNEY I'm not.

INT. LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Aiden walks in and grabs the products he needs to clean the basement.

COURTNEY You're gonna clean it now?

AIDEN Yes.

INT. BASEMENT - MOMENTS LATER

Aiden starts by making space. Throwing out old papers, dusting the place off and moving the furniture. Behind an old desk we finds the letter "D" carved. He doesn't give it much thought. He then reaches to clean the drawer where Bellarose hid the white powder. Before he even tries to open it some furniture and papers he previously organized fall apart. He walks over there to organize them again until he realizes he forgot a cleaning product upstairs. He goes upstairs to get it.

INT. LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

As Aiden walks into the living room he notices Courtney is in shock.

AIDEN Are you -

COURTNEY Don't talk.

Courtney turns up the volume of the TV.

REPORTER (ON TV) Earlier today in a small town of San Francisco, a man was stabbed to death in his own backyard. According to resources a man named Bruce Sader thought a murder broke into his house after he heard a noise from the other room.  The man jumped out of his bedroom window in attempt to save himself but as it turns out the noise coming from inside the house was the police and the murderer, who had just escaped prison, was waiting for him outside. The police identified the murderer as Cam Collins, a known serial killer who took part in a reset jail break. Authorities were patrolling the area -