The beginning of the rest of our lives

INT. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - HALLWAY - DAY

IT'S HALLOWEEN.

The kids run around in the hallways. All in costume. The place is decorated to match this special day. Mallory, Avamay and Bellarose enter. Avamay isn't really in the mood for Halloween. But pretends to for the sake of the day.

MALLORY Today is gonna be the best day ever! After a while they bump into Lucy.

LUCY Hey! Ready to scare the entire school?

MALLORY Born ready.

LUCY Where's the book?

MALLORY (points at her brain) Right up here.

LUCY You were suppose to bring it with you!

MALLORY And risk getting seen with it after all the things I'm being accused of? I'm not an idiot.

Mallory and Lucy run around and tell every ghost story they can remember from memory. And it works. They scare a lot of kids and they laugh every single time. Bellarose runs to the bathroom. Everything and everyone scares her. Avamay follows her.

INT. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - BATHROOM - MOMENTS LATER

Bellarose hid in one of the stalls.

AVAMAY What happened? 

BELLAROSE Everyone is so scary.

AVAMAY God you really act like a five year old.

AVAMAY (cont'd) It's a costume it won't hurt you. Get up.

INT. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - MALLORY'S CLASS - DAY

Mallory sits in the center of the room. Some kids form a circle around her to listen to one of her ghost stories. Avamay and Bellarose walk in the class.

MALLORY This story is about Debra. Debra was a common thief almost seventy years ago. She had committed every crime in the book before she moved to murder. Every victim of hers has had her name written with their blood on the walls. The police eventually found her and shot her to death in her own house. But that doesn't mean she stopped. Because after her death everyone who moved into her house was mysteriously killed. The police didn't have any suspects so every murder that took place in that house was considered a cold case.

BELLAROSE (to Avamay) This is more terrifying than the costumes.

EXT. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - DAY

Mallory and Lucy talk to one other classmate who isn't wearing a costume.

MALLORY Why aren't you wearing a costume?

CLASSMATE I think that's lame 

LUCY Without costumes the world would be miserable.

MALLORY What she said.

Courtney pulls up to pick them up.

COURTNEY Girls time to go.

Mallory, Lucy and the twins get in the car.

INT. CAR - CONTINUOUS

COURTNEY You guys are gonna come with me while I run some errands? They're gonna take a while but we'll make it on time for trick or treat.

MALLORY Sure.

INT. HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Aiden stands up. He notices somebody with a clown costume out in the yard facing the fence. He opens the door.

AIDEN (to the clown) Hey! Go away!

The clown faces Aiden and runs towards him. Aiden shuts the door fast. The clown disappears. Aiden can't believe his eyes. He looks around, but the clown is nowhere to be found. He shakes his head. It must have been a dream...