Sleep deprivation

INT. LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Courtney just came home from work.

COURTNEY I'm back.

Bellarose runs up to her and hugs her.

BELLAROSE Mom! Why did you come home so late?

COURTNEY I had to do some over-time.

AIDEN What happened?

BELLAROSE What's over-time?

COURTNEY It's when you have to work some extra time.

AIDEN And you get paid. Hopefully?

COURTNEY Bellarose go to your room. Bellarose goes upstairs.

AIDEN Is everything alright?

COURTNEY Yeah it's fine. I just did some unpaid over-time because I was five minutes late this morning and I didn't return a call from work yesterday, which would have informed me about a position I had to fill in and I blew it completely.

AIDEN That must not feel great.

COURTNEY Yeah I don't wanna talk about it. How about you? What did you do today?

AIDEN I had another interview. 

COURTNEY Yay?

AIDEN I completely blew it I just walked out the office myself.

COURTNEY Nay.

COURTNEY (cont'd) Don't worry. There are many positions here you'll find something. Plus you don't have to work for the cops. You're good with computers. A tech guy is always needed.

AIDEN That's not what I do.

COURTNEY I know but we need money. You'll have to work a job you don't like that much. Just to get settled.

AIDEN No that's not my job. I'm a tech analyst for the police. Or at least I was for fifteen years. I'm not gonna find something else now.

COURTNEY I'll go put the girls to sleep. Courtney goes upstairs.

INT. TWIN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Avamay and Bellarose are asleep. Barkley cuddles with Bellarose. Avamay can't sleep. The crimson nurse won't let her. She keeps turning on/off the light switch, floating around, staring at Avamay, etc. Avamay isn't as scared as she's angry. She's pissed off with the crimson nurse because she doesn't let her sleep.

AVAMAY Go away, I wanna sleep!

The crimson nurse floats closer to her.

CRIMSON NURSE You use to tell me that after a long game of hide and sick. You were so good. I could never find you.

AVAMAY Just let me sleep, I have school tomorrow.

The crimson nurse doesn't listen. Every time Avamay fell asleep she would get pulled out of bed. Every time she had a blanket on top of her it would get thrown down to the floor. The crimson nurse continues to mess with Avamay till morning comes.

INT. KITCHEN - MORNING

Aiden makes breakfast for Avamay. Bellarose and Mallory are already on the table. Avamay walks in the kitchen. She's exhausted. She's been up all night.

AIDEN Good morning.

Avamay sits down. She's too tired to even speak. Aiden gives her her breakfast. He goes to make his own.

AVAMAY (to Mallory) Can you pass me the honey?

Mallory doesn't flinch. She's mad at Avamay for breaking her snow globe.