The darkest hour is always before the dawn.

INT. HARTS HOUSE - OFFICE - MOMENTS LATER

Courtney researches on her computer what the letters she saw on the basement might mean. She spends hours trying to find an article that confirms at least one of her theories. But she's got nothing.

INT./EXT. HARTS HOUSE - ENTRANCE/HALL - MORNING

The cops BANG on the door.

POLICE Police! Open up! Courtney opens the door.

COURTNEY What?

CAPTAIN Good morning ma'am. I hope it's no trouble but we have a search warrant for the house.

COURTNEY What for?

CAPTAIN We got an anonymous tip that there are substances hidden in this property.

COURTNEY What?! The cops barge in and search the place.

INT. HARTS HOUSE - ENTRANCE/HALL - CONTINUOUS

Aiden woke up and came downstairs as well.

AIDEN What the hell is going on?

COURTNEY They think we have drugs hidden in here.

AIDEN What? That's crazy.

CAPTAIN (to his officers) Search the basement.

Aiden doesn't like the idea on anyone being down there now that he's cleaning it up. The woman that flew inside his though knows what's down there. Instinctively Aiden does too. He goes down there to prevent any trouble.

AIDEN I'm going down there, they're gonna mess up my work.

INT. BASEMENT - MOMENTS LATER

One of the officers wipes clean the basement. He finds the drugs Bellarose brought down here. He's about to call the captain. Aiden is behind him.

AIDEN You were gonna call someone?

Aiden grabs the money he stole from the store yesterday.

AIDEN (cont'd) How about I give you this and you give me life without prison.

The cop thinks about it. He agrees, takes the money and goes upstairs.

OFFICER Nothing in the basement.

AIDEN Good job.

The letter "B" gets carved next to the others. So far we have the word "DEB"

INT. HARTS HOUSE - ENTRANCE/HALL - DAY

The cops leave.

CAPTAIN Again sorry to bother you ma'am but we're just doing our jobs.

Courtney closes the door.

COURTNEY It takes too long to do your job. I have somewhere to be.

AIDEN Were are you going?

COURTNEY Graveyard. See you later.

Courtney leaves.

EXT. GRAVEYARD - DAY

Courtney gets inside. There she meets Tate, (70s) the guy Liam was talking about.

COURTNEY Hi, I'm Courtney, nice to meet you.

TATE I'm Tate. Sorry for rescheduling like this, the dates of my trip got mixed up. Anyway I'm here now. What would you like to talk about.

COURTNEY The dollhouse.

TATE Know somebody that lives there?

COURTNEY I do.