When the least dangerous is in danger

INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

Mallory and Lucy search for Barkley. Nobody has seen him for a few hours and they're starting to worry.

MALLORY Mom have you seen Barkley?

COURTNEY No honey why?

LUCY Cause we haven't either and we wanna play with him.

COURTNEY Have you looked in-

Before Courtney finishes her sentence a SCREAM comes from the yard. Courtney, Mallory and even Aiden comes from the kitchen and they all run out to the yard. Avamay stays inside. She can't go outside again. She looks outside from the window in the kitchen.

EXT. YARD - MOMENTS LATER

Aiden, Courtney, Mallory and Lucy find Bellarose. Bellarose is standing above Barkley's dead body. She's frozen. Courtney is shocked, Aiden is disgusted while Mallory and Lucy are panicking.

INT. LIVING ROOM - LATER

Mallory, Avamay and Bellarose sit next to each other on the couch. Bellarose is crying. Avamay and Mallory aren't that sad over Barkley's death. Sure it's upsetting, but it wasn't their dog.

COURTNEY Lucy's parents just picked her up. (to Bellarose) How are you sweetie?

Bellarose is a wreck. The image of Barkley is still on her head. It was very awful. 

COURTNEY (cont'd) Honey I know it's devastating but it will pass. Losing your pet is something that happens to every pet owner. Just give it time.

It doesn't make Bellarose feels better. She cries even more. Mallory and Avamay wanna go to their room but Courtney won't let them.

MALLORY Why can't we go upstairs? We aren't sad.

COURTNEY But your sister is so you stay here and be quiet.

Bellarose cries even more.

INT. LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Aiden watches TV. Courtney sits next to him. Aiden turns it off.

AIDEN Did she fall asleep?

COURTNEY Took a while but she did.

AIDEN God. Who did that?

COURTNEY Or what.

AIDEN What?

Courtney realizes what she said. It's too late to go back now.

COURTNEY I think this house is haunted.

Aiden laughs. 

AIDEN Courtney please don't tell jokes our daughter's pet just died.

COURTNEY I'm serious.

AIDEN Yeah right.

COURTNEY What you want me to prove it to you?

AIDEN Yes please.

COURTNEY Alright.

Courtney goes to her office.

AIDEN What, you'll prove it right now?

COURTNEY (O.S.) No.

INT. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL - HALLWAY - DAY

Lucy and Mallory are by the lockers with another boy. He soon runs away from them crying. They told him another ghost story.

MALLORY This is my favorite part. The boy runs to the principal's office.

LUCY Oh no he's going to the principal run.

The girls run towards the principal's office.

MALLORY What are we gonna say?