"John reads what?"

Sibling AU

John Laurens-Washington. Twelve years old. He prided himself in a lot of things. Staring wide-eyed at his phone screen with one hand covering his mouth was not one of them. "He did not... Why would he do that? He had no reason to-" He mumbled, groaning at the end. He flipped his phone over, and let it drop to the couch. Was it him questioning his life choices? Yes. Was he gonna make the changes so he would no longer have to suffer?

Absolutely not.

He glared intensely at the phone, gaining a lot of weird looks from the half of the family that were congregated in the living room. "Are you...Okay?" Hercules asked from his seat on the couch, being the closest to the other. "Yeah, you look like you're having some internal conflict there." Thomas piped up, turning his attention away from the T.V to look at the other.

John looked up, annoyance lacing his features. "He shot him. He fucking shot him. I know it happened in the musical, but it caught me off guard." Everyone now wore confused expressions. "Who?" Burr questioned, tilting his head a bit to the side a bit, looking away from the screen for the first time. Before John had the opportunity to answer, Thomas piped up.

"Forget that, What musical are you reading fanfic of?"

"Heathers?" Herc proposed, thinking about it for a bit. He then shook his head, pointing out his error. "No, it can't be that he said, 'He shot him' not 'She shot him'." The three talked about what their younger brother could possibly be reading about.

Meanwhile John sat there in embarrassment, upset that he had so willingly outed himself. And that fanfic was the first thing they thought of, it could've been an in-universe musical for all they knew. With that, he grabbed his phone and walked to his room, deciding that reading a traumatising book was far better than listening to his brothers.

-

Now in the safety of his room, John felt far more comfortable than he did a couple days ago. Let's just say that was the last time he read anything in the living room. As of right now, he was sat on his bed, reading an entirely different fic only because he didn't realise it was finished so he was left in utter dread when he found out. Now all he needed was a nice fluffy, completed fic that he could latch onto.

(I didn't know how to do this, so every time you see '-' at the beginning of a paragraph, assume there was a time skip to when he got to different parts of the book, it's typically just dialogue so be warned 😊)    

His first though when opening the book was, 'Wow that's a lot of Trigger warnings.' From that alone he knew this book wasn't going to be what he was looking for, but it would have to do.

-         "Oh! We're starting off with the main character dying? Do I really want to endure this?"   

-         "Mortal enemies house, of all places, there? ... Is this an enemies to lovers?"

-         "Oh so there's love interest."

-         John just stared up at his ceiling, the second-hand embarrassment hit him hard.

-         His hand jerked behind him as he resisted the urge to throw his phone across the room. He couldn't do that, he needed to know if they apologised, and he can't do that if his phone is shattered.

-         Spoiler Waring: He didn't.

-         "Why are you with him???? He's not the main love interest? You accidently said yes when he asked you out, you didn't have to date him!"

-         "Of course he cheated on you... why are you upset? Why is he upset? He didn't love him anyway."

-         "He is so lucky this is a best friends to lovers troupe or else this would be real weird."

-         *Insert squealing cause the main characters finally got together* (He was reading a slow burn)

-         "I suddenly hate a lot of the characters."

-         "But why? Why break up? THIS WAS SO AVOIDABLE"

-         "I hate existing."

-         "But he was such a dick to him tho- He became an ass when you both broke up for no reason. Why get back with him? I should be happy about this."

-         "... I read an entire fanfic in a day... I should go to bed, but I'm just gonna read another instead-"

This is by far the worst thing I've written like- ever. I'm sorry for that, but I was really out of it today for some reason. But yes, John is my victim. He is the one that reads fanfic. In every AU. At one point in time.

Have a nice day guys, again, I'm sorry for this shit chapter, Ill try to come up with something better. 

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Oct 28, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Hamilton/Washingdad One-shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें