Chapter 2

A week had passed since Josie found out and she was still terrified. She was pregnant, like actually pregnant with a child. She shouldn't even be able to say those three words, she was eighteen for crying out loud!

And It didn't help that the girl already had the start of what was most definitely a baby bump on her lower abdomen that was blocking the jeans from fitting properly.

"Stupid jeans" she mumbled to herself as she tried to button them up.

"Jo we are heading out soon are you ready," Lizzie said poking her head in.

Josie looked over at her "uh yeah I'm just trying to button my jeans give me a minute."

"Okay, also dad and mom left for work early, and left breakfast on the table it's eggs and toast."

"Okay thank you, Lizzie," she said in an irritated voice that wasn't directed at the blonde but actually at the pants.

"Screw this" Josie said giving up and pulling out a pair of sweatpants and putting them on.

When the girl walked into the kitchen Lizzie gave her a very judgmental look as she looked over Josie's outfit. She was wearing grey sweatpants with a black jacket.

"What?" the brunette asked as she went over to her breakfast and ate some of her eggs.

"Uh- what are you wearing."

Josie looked down at her outfit "clothes?"

"Jo it's our first day! you have to make a good impression! right now that outfit isn't giving."

"Yeah well! this feels the most comfortable so this is what I'm wearing!"

"Oh sweetie, are you on your period?"

I wish.

"Yes, I am now stop judging my outfit," Josie said through gritted teeth.

"Fine Josette, let's just get going," Lizzie said taking the brunette's toast and putting it into Josie's mouth before walking over to the key bowl and grabbing the keys to their car.

The brunette just rolled her eyes before grabbing her backpack and following her sister out to their car.

"There she is" Josie heard as soon as she walked into mystic falls high.

"Why did you barely call and text us all summer," Penelope said as she and Maya walked up to Josie.

"They didn't let us use our phones at band camp, and if we did the service was awful."

"We are your best friends you should've found a way" Maya pouted.

"I know I'm sorry" Josie sighed.

"Lucky for you we don't hold grudges" Penelope pulled Maya and Josie into a hug.

"But seriously we missed you."

The brunette chuckled "I missed you both too."

"So tell us did anything fun and exciting happen during band camp?" the curly-haired girl asked her best friend.

Josie crossed her arms over her stomach and bit her bottom lip, looking down.

"Something did" The raven-haired girl pointed accusingly.

"W-What who said that" She stuttered.

"You're stuttering" Maya raised an eyebrow, looking amused "you only stutter when you're lying about something."

"Spill," Penelope said.

Josie stood there staring at her two best friends debating if she should tell them or not, she had known the two of them since they were in elementary school but this was big, really big and she didn't know how they'd feel about it.

"It was nothing just boring Bandcamp stuff" Josie gave them a small smile.

"Hmm," the raven-haired girl said not believing her "okay... well I have news for you, Josie."

"Good news I'm hoping?"

"Oh totally good news, do you remember that cute guy Jed? who's on the basketball team" Maya said as she and Penelope looped their arms with Josie's and started walking down the hall.

"Yeah... I'm vaguely familiar why?"

"Apparently he's like totally crushing on you! he told one of his friends who told Alyssa who told me and Pen."

"Oh."

"Oh? is that all you have to say?"

"No that's no-" Josie suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit her and she immediately put her hand to her mouth and ran to the nearest bathroom, falling to her knees and emptying the contents of her stomach.

"Are you okay?" she heard a voice that made her freeze for a moment.

When she looked up she saw the auburn-haired girl from Bandcamp.

"Hope."

"I was hoping you didn't forget who I was" the girl smirked "but I don't think anyone could forget what we did, I mean I sure didn't" Hope said grabbing a paper towel and handing it to Josie who wiped her mouth.

"Definitely didn't forget" the brunette rolled her eyes before getting up and walking towards the sink and washing out her mouth.

"Are you sick? why did you come to school" the girl raised an eyebrow.

"Just a stomach bug I'm fine."

"You sure are fine" Hope leaned against the sink.

"Is your main objective to be annoying?"

"Annoying, annoyingly attractive whatever you think."

"I want to punch you."

"Feisty I like it" she grinned and stood up straight letting her eyes trail over the girl's body.

"I'm not in the mood please just go" she sighed.

"Well... let me know when you are, I'm always here Josette," Hope said tucking a strand of hair behind the girl's ear before walking out.

"Murder means prison... murder means prison" she mumbled to herself before walking out acting as if nothing happened.

"There you are, you okay girl? you ran faster than flash out of here" Maya said.

"Yeah I'm sorry about that- I remembered I left something in my... car?"

"Oh okay, well let me see your schedules girls so I can see if we have any classes together."

The rest of the day went by normally
Josie went to class, then to lunch where the brunette inhaled her food earning disgusted looks from the people around them. Until she eventually went home where she distanced herself from her family while she thought over what she was going to do with the baby growing inside her.

She was eighteen how was she supposed to take care of a baby?