Chapter 38

Jade saw the brunette drop her phone as a horrified expression crossed her face. Josie begins to panic as she looks around the coffee shop they are in.

"Josie, what's wrong?" the blonde asked, eyebrows furrowing.

"H-Hope... accident- the babies-" the brunette's breathing started to become uneasy.

"Woah, hey calm down okay? where are they."

"H-Hospital."

"Okay, let's go," Jade said quickly grabbing her things and going with the brunette toward their cars. As Josie went to get in the driver's seat of her car Jade stopped her.

"You are not driving," she said taking the keys from the girl.

"I need to go! I need to get there."

"You are in no state to drive Josie, I will drive you there okay?" she said and the brunette eventually nodded and got into the passenger seat.

When they arrived at mystic general Josie immediately got out of the car and ran inside not even giving Jade the chance to stop the car.

"My girlfriend a-and kids they were "

"You're Josette?" the nurse asked and the brunette immediately nodded.

"Come this way, they have been crying for you," the nurse said and led Josie toward the pediatric part of the hospital. The woman took the girl to a room where she saw the twins on the hospital gurney crying.

"Oh my god" she ran up to them and picked both of them up in her arms. Both toddlers immediately clung to her as their crying slowly stopped and turned into small sniffles.

"Are they okay?" she shot a panicked look at the nurse.

"Yes they are perfectly fine, they were strapped in their car seats so no damage was done, they are more shaken up about the whole thing than anything" the nurse kindly explained.

Lucas buried his face in her neck as he continued to sniffle. Josie kissed his cheek and head.

Suddenly remembered the brunette looked back to the nurse "where's my girlfriend?"

"Hope Mikaelson?" she said and Josie nodded.

"I believe she is still in surgery."

"Surgery!??"

"Nothing deadly!" the nurse was quick to reassure "Ms.Mikaelson suffered a broken arm during the wreck, she should be out soon." Josie nodded to herself still not believing that this all happened.

"Why don't you lay down with the children, we are going to bring them some dinner, and I'll of course get you some updates on Ms.Mikaelson."

Josie nodded before putting the twins on the bed who immediately started crying again "I'm not going anywhere my loves" she said laying on the gurney and wrapping her arms around them."

Both babies immediately laid their heads down and looked up at the tv which was playing Spongebob.

Jade walked in a moment later and saw the three laying on the bed together. She just stood there before she took a seat in the corner, choosing to stay if the brunette needed anything.

A few hours later when the twins had eaten some of the hospital chicken tenders and fries they both went to sleep holding each other, which they didn't do since they were infants.

"Ms.Mikaelson is out of surgery and would like to see you," the nurse from earlier said coming into the room. Josie looked between the nurse and the twins.

"I'll stay with them" Jade stood up "go see your girl" she smiled.

"Thanks, Jade" the brunette squeezed the girl's shoulder before making her way out of the hospital room and following the nurse to another part of the hospital.

When she entered the room Hope was in the girl was laughing to herself. Obviously high off the drugs, the hospital gave her.

"Josieeee!" Hope said with a smile.

"You scared the shit out of me," Josie said walking over to the girl and hugging her tightly.

"Aw, why? are you okay" Hope pouted.

The brunette pulled back and looked at her girlfriend "am I okay? are you okay? you broke your arm baby."

"I did?" Hope looked down at her cast and her eyes widened "oh woww."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling g r e a t GREAT" Hope laughed.

"Yeah... I'm going to let you sleep okay? I'm gonna go check on the babies" Josie kissed her forehead.

"The kids are they okay? that car came out of nowhere..." Hope said closing her eyes and smacking her lips.

"They are fine and healthy, they are resting right now" Josie brought her hand up to Hopes' cheek and stroked it.

Hope hummed in response.

"I'm gonna go now I love you baby" she kissed the girl's cheek before she started walking away. She was quickly stopped by Hope who grabbed her hand.

"I'm gonna marry you one day you know," she said, her eyes still closed.

Josie smiled to herself "goodnight Hope."