Chapter 47

very much a filler but i wanted you all to have some family moments ☺️
-

After hiding their engagement for a couple of weeks Hope decided to invite her family down to Mystic Falls, telling them she had something important to say.

"And you can't tell us over the bloody phone?" Klaus said.

"No dad, this is not something I want to say over the phone, just come down to mystic falls with the family, you guys can enjoy a few days here if you'd like."

"We'll be there tomorrow" Hayley said before hanging up the phone

"Well that was easy," Hope said looking at her fiancé who walked out of the bathroom in nothing but underwear and a baggy shirt of the auburnettes.

"Now that, that calls over" Josie grinned and crawled up the bed and kissed the love of her life. Hope grinned back and pulled the brunette into her lap and rested her hands on the girl's ass.

"You're so hot you know that?" she said grinding the girl down on her hard-on.
Josie bit her bottom lip for a moment and stared at her fiancé.

the next day it was a little after noon when they heard a loud knocking at their door. Hope knew exactly who this was so she quickly opened the door and was met by her parents, Aunts, and uncles.

"What in gods name happened?" Kol said walking into the home with Davina "we've come from San Francisco."

"Why don't you all sit down" she gestured to the couch and her family sat down.

Rebekah stared at her niece "you didn't knock the girl up again did you?"

"Not that I'm aware of no, but that's not what I wanted to talk to you guys about," she said and as she went to go on, Lucas and Andrea walked out of their room in nothing but diapers.

"Hope do you think I should dress them up " the woman's words died shortly when she saw everyone "never mind they are all here..."

Josie took a seat next to Hope and picked the twins up, putting them in her lap.

"Is one of you sick? what happened" Hayley looked at her daughter in concern.

"No, no nothing like that uh... I wanted to tell you that... I proposed to Josie and she said yes."

Rebekah stood up and let out the girliest scream ever "you finally did it! I've been waiting for this day for years!" she clapped her hands.

Hope chuckled at her Aunt.

"You think it's funny but I already have your engagement party prepared," the blonde said, Hope looked at Josie and mouthed I told you.

"Well, we need to celebrate this!" Hayley stood up and hugged her daughter and future daughter-in-law.

"Yes we do, I already took it upon myself to rent out a fancy restaurant for tonight," Klaus said tapping a booking button on his phone.

"You're lucky I always have a suite packed with me," Elijah said.

"More like the suit is always glued to your body," Klaus said making Elijah roll his eyes.

"Alright great, make sure to invite Josie's family and wear something nice!" Rebekah said, "I'll go book a photographer."

When Hope and Josie arrived with their children at the restaurant they already saw some of their families walking in too.

The room was rearranged and there were five or so tables pushed together.

"Oh good, you've made it!" Rebekah said "come here," she said and pulled them over to the photographer who took a photo of them.

"You outdid your Aunt Bex" the auburnette looked around.

"I wanted everything to be the best for my dearest niece" she smiled.

"Give me my godchildren," Lizzie said walking up to the couple with her boyfriend MG.

"Nice to see you Josie" MG smiled at her.

"It's nice to see you too MG" she smiled back as Lizzie took Lucas from her who was wearing a little tux.

"I'd just like to say they will be serving food in a moment so everyone should sit down at their seats," Rebekah said over a microphone.

Hope and Josie made their way over to a table that Rebekah decided to reserve for the engaged couple. It was a few feet in front of the big table their families were at.

The shorter girl grabbed a highchair that the restaurant had and dragged it by their table before putting Andrea in it.

Soon enough the waiters came out giving them their food. Rebekah had ordered steaks for everyone and of course, got Josie a good vegan option that she enjoyed very much.

"Okay... I think we should go around and tell our favorite stories about Hope and Josie" Rebekah said and both families started cheering at the idea.

"Oh god no" the brunette covered her face.

"I'll start, I wasn't really happy at that particular moment but... my favorite memory would probably be watching Hope see the ultrasound of the baby, well... babies," Hayley said looking towards her grandchildren who were sucking on a piece of steak their moms gave them.

"I don't know just seeing the look on her face was... just amazing now that I look back on it," she said and Hope smiled at her mother.

"My favorite moment would probably be when I first met Josie" Stefan smiled "she was 5 years old and she was so nervous to meet me, I had only been dating her mom a few months at this point, but when we met she was the sweetest little girl, she immediately took me to see her toys and drawing," the man said.

"This isn't exactly a cute moment but it's a bit funny looking back, when Hope was about 6 she walked in on her mother and me... she thought we were playing so she started jumping on the bed" Klaus shook his head while Hope covered her face.

"Oh god," the auburnette said and everyone started chuckling.

"What's your favorite moment baby" Josie smiled and looked at Andrea who just continued sucking on her piece of steak.

Hope stood up and held up her drink "well I just wanted to say, thank you all for being here it means a lot that we have all of your support with this engagement... and thank you for being here and supporting us for this love I love you all" she held up her glass and so did everyone else.

Lucas whined and held his arms up for Hope who picked up the toddler and kissed him "yes and I love you too."

-
Fun fact the story klaus told was actually a story from my childhood... 😭