Chapter 50

About a month after Josie had gifted her the positive pregnancy test the couple set up an appointment at the girl's doctor so they could see if everything was okay with the baby.

"So you two are going grocery shopping?... that's why you need me to babysit," Lizzie said as she took the twins from her sister

"We want to get the twins birthday presents... and we don't want them to be there..." Josie said slowly and the blonde nodded.

"Alright well you two have fun, we are going to watch mickey mouse," she said slamming the door in the couple's face.

"Good excuse, I forgot about their birthday, we should probably go do that after though," Hope said as they walked to the car.

-

When they arrived at the doctor's office Josie signed in and they went to the waiting rooms where they sat in the corner.

"Still can't believe we're doing this again," Josie said as she picked up a pregnancy pamphlet.

"Yeah... but I'm glad I get to be here for you... I wasn't involved at the beginning of the pregnancy with the twins."

"Which was mostly my fault, I was a scared teenager" she shrugged.

"Josette Mikaelson" a nurse called out.

"That was fast" Hope stood up and grabbed her coat before interlocking her hand with her wife's. The two made their way back to the room where Josie got on the exam table.

"I'm doctor bowmen," the doctor said coming into the room "you're Josette Mikaelson?" he asked and the girl nodded.

"Okay well, I'm going to start by asking you a few questions, and then we'll show you two you're baby."

"Have you had any morning sickness?"

"More like all-day sickness... but yeah I've been morning sick the past few days."

"Is this your first pregnancy?"

"Nope, I had twins almost 3 years ago."

The doctor nodded and filled out his chart "are you taking any over-the-counter medicines or medications?"

"No."

"Okay great that's all for the questions, now let's get a look at that baby, can you lean back and lift your shirt?"

The brunette laid back and lifted her shirt and the doctor applied the gel.

Hope held Josie's hand and looked at the screen as the doctor rubbed the sensor over the girl's stomach.

"And there's your baby, you're only 10 weeks so it's still small."

Josie and Hope looked at the screen at the baby and smiled.

"Wait... there's only 1 in there right? we kind of got surprised by a second one at birth last time" Hope said.

"The doctor chuckled "yes there's only one," he said showing them.

"Can we get a few pictures?" Josie asked.

"Of course," the doctor said.

Once the doctor was finished checking out the baby and told them everything was alright the brunette wiped the gel off of her stomach while Hope got the photos from the doctor.

"God, I can't believe we are going to have two three-year-olds and a newborn soon" Hope said as she pushed the shopping cart through Walmart.

"I know, it's crazy," Josie said leading her wife down the toy aisle.

"Should we get Lucas a baby doll? he's been stealing Andreas from her" the brunette said looking at the different dolls.

"Get that one," Hope said pointing to one of the dolls.

Josie grabbed it and put it in the cart.

-

When the couple arrives back at Josie's parent's house Lizzie opened the door and the twins immediately run to their moms.

"Hello, my love" Josie kissed Andreas' cheek.

"Mommy!" Lucas said holding his arms up.

The brunette picked up the boy and held him along with his sister "thanks for watching them, Liz."

"It's no problem Jo, I love them like they are my own I'll watch them whenever you need."

"Thanks" she smiled and turned and was walking away with Hope when she hears Lizzie gasp.

"Josette! what is this!" she heard her sister say.

Josie furrowed her eyebrows and turned around, her eyes widened when she saw her sister holding her sonogram.

Crap. It must have fallen out of her pocket.

Hope and Josie shared a look.

"Someone want to explain what this is..."