Revive

Author: Obliviatae

Author: Obliviatae

Top: Switch

Words: 110,026

Tag: #AlternateUniverse, #Royalty, #PrinceTaehyung, #RoyalGuardJungkook, #Historical, #Hurt/Comfort, #Angst, #Fluff, #AngstWithAHappyEnding, #Smut, #FirstTime, #Homophobia, #FriendsToLovers, #Adventure, #Romance, #SecretRelationship, #Plot, #HappyEnding

Summary:

Being next in line for the throne, Taehyung's future had already been decided for him.
But at least he knew he could count on one thing: having Jeongguk in his life, as a best friend and loyal guard. What he didn't expect was for his heart to start falling for him.

Well, he's just going to have to find a way to make it work.

Status: Complete

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/24983599?view_full_work=true

External Link can be found at the bottom of the page.

AN: Feel free to comment if you want something specific or if you want a rec dedicated to you.

Dedicated: SaiPreethi9

Friends to lovers, royalty, period drama; some of my favorite tropes coming together in a masterpiece like this made me so fucking happy aghdsf. In honor of Jungkook's newest album, I will dub this fic as 'Golden' because this shit was amazing. The writing, the pace, the plot, the characters, I loved every single thing. Usually, in long stories, you wonder whether or not you're going to finish it but I am proud to say there wasn't a single part in this story that made me think of quitting. This one's gonna be stuck in my head for some time now.

My crazy mid-reading notes; (feel free to skip, just my crazy ramblings also SPOILERS)

I just read the summary and the tags and I could tell this shit was gonna be either a 11/10 or a 1/10. I am so sure there's no in between but its already so alluring and woww I feel so excited reading this.

THE FIRST LINE HAD ME SCREAMING CAUSE FREINDS TO LOVERS WOOO

Ok 2 chapters in and I really like the flow. It doesn't feel rushed even if the story is rushing by a little. And I'm also falling deep into the story cause its really nicely written.

Ok, we hit the first bit of angst and omg so fucking good. It's so nicely written there's nothing for me to say. It's just the right amount of angst at the right time.  

I'm halfway through the fic and I just can't guess what's coming cause there are literally 11 chapters left. It makes me very excited cause by now I know the plot and writing is great. 

There's a lot of smut here. Ok not a lot but I usually read fics without any so yeah. But the point is that it's really fucking soft and omg even though im only skimming past it I can tell they are disgustingly in love. It's actually really adorable and it actually really matches the vibes of the story. I keep telling y'all pace and writing are amazing.

I love how I was calmly reading with a big ass smile on my face and the door bursts open adnfbakjdamsnbf. ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit. broo Im panicking so bad right now. screaming. oh nooo, shits about to go down.

I'm goignt to take a reading break because i just feel as though my heart has been repeatedly stomped on and the funny part is that the angst just started. I am not even into the main scene. The next chapter is when it all goes wrong so im fucking terrified. Imma need a break now and after reading that chapter. OHH, I'm already anticipating the pain im bout to feel.

OH MY GOG OMG JSDDGH. I was fully prepared to cry through that chapter but it wasn't sad. My hearts literally shaking that im having difficulty typing this. but omfg Taehyung is a badass. I am so proud of him like damnnn he did that. It ended in a cliffhanger which I kinda expected but also loved. The BEST chapter till now. I'm shaking with excitement. amazing.

Ohh I feel so happy and relieved. There are three more chapters left idk whats gonna happen but it feels as though things are calm rn.

And there it is ladies and gentlemen, after 20 chapters, I finally cried. I feel content and and very very happy with how this is going to end.