Chapter 1

(Sam Golbach)
What in the living heck just happened.

~rewind

"Mom! I'm going to school!" I call out from the front door, slipping on my shoes, grabbing my scarf, and grabbing a binnie from the clothing wrack near the door way. "Okay hun! Don't get yourself in trouble!"

I heard her call back from the kitchen, blushing profusely when I realized she was talking about my nervous rambling spree that always got me in trouble when I felt nervous or flustered.

I shut the door after me in a rush, sprinting towards the direction of my school that I was, unquestionably, late to. When I burst through the front doors of my school, Westland High, I hurried towards my locker and grabbed my notebook after a few pathetic fails of trying to unlock it.

The halls were deserted and I could hear some of the nearby classrooms introducing the lesson's objectives for the day. "You're late, Mr. Golbach." Ms. Lilly, the receptionist, she's actually really sweet her- not the time Sam!

"I know, I couldn't find my glasses!" I called back as I ran, hearing her chuckle after me a little. "On your face, Sam." Taking my hand up to my face, I blushed in embarrassment when I felt them on my nose and yelled back a thank you.

I grinned winningly when I spotted my classroom up ahead and the door not yet closed. Mr. Whensbee had this rule of not being allowed into his class when the door shuts and, to my luck, I just so happened to have him for first period.

My smile dropped very soon though as the door began to close and my luck began to run out. Literally, I've never ran this much before and it was killing me. Reaching two feet away from the door, it fully shut and I was stuck staring through the little window in defeat.

Mr. Whensbee caught my desperate gaze through it and glared making me cringe. Come on! I'm one of your favorite students. I think. Heaving an angry sigh, he let me in and threatened to keep me out the next time this happened again.

Entering the class in short relief, everyone burst into laughter and I made my way to the back, blushing in embarrassment and trying to ignore them. It wasn't the first time I've been laughed at, this time is no different. While some people tolerated me and didn't constantly tease me, others didn't and targeted me for no reason.

"Take a seat, Mr. Golbach." The teacher's voice echoed behind me but I was more focused on drowning out the mocking laughter.

-
Lunchtime finally rolled around and the cafeteria was bustling in with hungry students trying to force their money onto the cafeteria ladies to get their food first. Thankfully, momma packed me a lunchbox today so I didn't have to get eaten alive by a bunch of greedy zombies.

"Who you callin' greedy?" A voice cackled, said person throwing an arm over my shoulders and pulling me into a messy side hug. "Was I voicing my thoughts again?" I blushed making Kelly nod with another laugh but wave me off.

Kelly was my best friend. My first friend too actually which confused me quite a lot; we were so different. He liked skateboarding, partying and was good with the crowd so it was a wonder he was friends with me. I on the other hand enjoyed reading, snacks and, well, I wasn't too good with a crowd especially since I get nervous easily and start rambling. That usually ends me in difficult situations.

"You're good, Sammy boy." He grinned widely, taking one carrot from my lunch box and popping it into his mouth with a hum. "Mmm, Mrs. Golbach. How's she doin'?" He wiggled his eyebrows playfully making me groan and push him away.

"Go away, Kelley." I picked at my food but he only pulled me back in. "Last I recall, I'm your table buddy. Also your study buddy, eating buddy and-"

"I get it, Kelly, I have no friends." I sulk, pushing my lunchbox in front of him. His brows furrowed in worry and he lifted my chin so I was looking at him. "I didn't mean it like that Sam, you know that." He frowned, making me sigh in guilt. I shouldn't be ruining his mood because I'm just pathetic. It's not fair.

"I know, I'm sorry. Today hasn't been the best day for me." I pouted making him chuckle and ruffle my hair. He went to say something when someone tapped his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Oh, hey Cori." Kelly grinned brightly. "H-Hi, um.. y-you're needed in the principles office." He stuttered nervously, blushing visibly when Kelly nodded, waved me goodbye and winked at the flushed boy trailing behind him.

Rolling my eyes with a little smile, I pack up my lunchbox and stand up, deciding to leave the crowded place. Grabbing my packed food, I start making my way towards the cafeteria doors when my shoe hit a big chip in the tiled ground and tripped me, sending my food all over -you guessed it- the school's bully.

Rice dripped off his clothes and soup soaked his hair as his deathly glare be laid on me and me only. His face screamed "murder" aside from the soup and carrots dripping from his hair and down his face, and I knew it was time to leave.

Standing up shakily, I stutter out a sorry and begin running out of the cafeteria with scared tears brimming in my eyes. I was never one of Dale's targets until now. And I'm pretty sure I just ended my whole school year.

I heard Dale scream for his friends to chase after me and I ran even faster. I could hear the thudding footsteps following after me and swiftly round the corner, forcing myself into the closest room near me. The janitors' closet. Locking the door quickly and pressing my back against the door, I wipe my tears and sniffle.

I open my eyes when I begin calming down and try to adjust to the darkness. Light. I feel the wall for a light switch, cheering quietly when I found one and switched it on.

My eyes instantly met another pair, cold, blue and intimidating. I shrunk into the door, trying to separate myself from Westland High's bad boy; Colby Brock. Who for a reason I was too scared to think about, was in that same closet as me.

And now I understood the phrase "Cat got your tongue." because, truthfully speaking, I peed myself.

Colby's eyes slowly detached from mine, silently trailing down my body until they stopped at my pants. "I was voicing my thoughts again, wasn't I.." I squeaked, hiding my face beneath my hands to cover my unmistakable blush.

"C-Can I.. Can I switch off the light, please?" I plead quietly, hearing a little click after moments of silence and a little 'tch' from the undeniably scary boy in front of me.

Way to go Sam. You just insulted Westland High's school bad boy.

My eyes widened. "W-Wait, no, its n-not because you're ugly o-or anything. In fact I-I find you really attractive, and logically I d-don't doubt everyone agrees with that fact. W-Well really it's a-an opinion but i-in my opinion you look fantastic." I was rambling again.

"I-It's nothing personal I.." I'm gonna get punched.

"I-I mean even your name is s-o hot though it kinda makes y-you look like a warm teddy bear i-instead of big and scary-" Here Sam shall lie, under the boot of this incredibly scary teddy bear in a dark janitors' closet-

Knock, knock, knock.

I froze. "What on earth is earth is going on in there?" A voice called from outside followed by the rattle of keys and the click of the lock. I moved away from the door hurriedly, tripping over my feet and consequently falling down near Colby's feet with a thud.

But I couldn't care less in that moment as the door creaked open and I was faced with, undoubtedly, half of the high school population staring at us with wide, judging eyes and phones pointed at us directly.

What in the living hell just happened.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chap 1! If you don't know yet, my update schedule will be the usual Tuesday and Thursday if not any earlier (if I'm in a good mood lol) but forget that right now, how's the first chapter so far??? Did you enjoy it or was it meh??