Chapter 7

(Sam Golbach)
Knock knock. "Sam, let me in." Kelly tried for the third time this past hour, trying to use his words after attempting to pick the lock, climb in through my window, and use my mom against me. None worked clearly.

I was still mad at him. And as much as I wanted to forgive him and let him in, I knew I shouldn't. "Sam, I'm sorry I whipped Dale's ass and showed him in front of the whole school, okay? You're being unreasonable." He tried again and I rolled my eyes.

"You aren't making things any better, Kelly." I shook my head, rolling onto my stomach and flipping to another page of my book. I chuckled lightly when he grumbled from the other side and continued reading. Who knew this would be so fun?

"You're a bully, Sam. I even went out and bought blueberry muffins but I guess I'll give them to Ben-" I jumped up from my seat and ran to the door before stopping hesitantly. "How do I know you're not lying to me?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Look through the key hole." He said and I did as told, closing one eye and trying to focus the other on the muffin staring at me deliciously from the other side. I perked happily and unlocked the door, grabbing the muffin and squealing quietly.

Kelly chuckled as he walked in, plopping into my spinny-chair and grabbing a pencil off my table to fumble with. "Should've used the muffins from the start." He shook his head and watched me as I bit into the magnificent creation we humans call a muffin.

I nodded in agreement and finished the rest of it before throwing away the wrapping. I sighed satisfied and looked over at my best friend. Oh I'm supposed to be mad, right.

"The hell you are!" He yelled out, sitting up straight and pointing an accusing finger at me. That made me laugh and I nodded, telling him I was just joking.

"Never thought the day would come when you stood up for me though." Kelly said after a few moments of comfortable silence making me scowl and glare at him playfully. "And doing that put me in detention, I should've just let you get beat up." I pouted, throwing a pillow at him.

Kelly gasped dramatically and clutched his heart in feigned hurt. "My best friend has betrayed me, I feel so hurt!" He cried out, crying into his hands and wailing loudly. I burst into laughter when he dropped to the ground and began feigning his death.

"You're such a dork." I chuckled, wiping the tears that fell from laughing so much. That brought a smile on his face as he finally stood up, throwing the pillow back on my bed next to me.

"I'll go get some snacks." I stood up about to walk out when Kelly called out for me. "Hey, Sam.. sorry for getting you involved with this. I just couldn't stand hearing them talk shit about you like that." He apologized, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"It's okay, Kelly. I already forgave you the instant you mentioned blueberry muffins." I grinned, laughing lightly as he stared at me in bewilderment. Woops?

-
Kelly ended up going home after I insisted he slept over and I was back on my bed once more. It was a hectic week indeed and I got myself involved with people I've never had before.

It was scary, especially since all I've ever talked to was Kelly. Not to mention, I doubt I gave a good first impression either.

Slowly reaching my fingers to my face, I gently run a finger across my eye, wincing when a little sting followed the touch. I retracted my hand, staring at the foundation I had to use in order to hide the bruise from momma. It was unfortunate that I had to hide things from momma and as much I hated lying I didn't want her to worry.

Rolling onto my side, I feel the covers for my phone before finding it and switching it on. I still received notifications from student group chats I had to join, still roaming around the new eye-catchers me and Colby.

It was hard convincing people that something that they saw happened, didn't. They'd just assume it was denial or shame and continue on with their lives with that 'reality' in their consciousness.

It's a little difficult avoiding the rude homophobic comments I get when I'm at school and I was lucky that it didn't exceed, yet at least. But what I consider one hell of a luck is Colby's reaction to the situation. He didn't seem all that mad the day after the closet incident happened. And the few other times we met I was able to escape a beating from him.

But why?

It was very confusing and even Kelly noticed. I was tempted to ask, pry, but it wasn't of my business nor did I want it to be any further.

With that being that, I shut off my phone, cuddling into the covers and escaping my void of wandering thoughts.