Chapter 9

"What the fuck happened?" Cameron asked shocked as I walked inside my office looking like I haven't slept in a week. I didn't say anything instead I just put my starbucks , I bought a few minutes ago, on the table and leaned down.

"Hello!?" He asked waving with his hands in front of my face.

"Nothing."

He shot me a "stop lying" face and lift my chin up.

"So I basically realised that I was just a fucking toy to play with actually." was the only thing I managed to say. I didn't know if I was pissed at myself for actually thinking that he'd like me or that he somehow isn't mine now.

"I have no idea what you're talking about'?"

"I catched him go all over some ass chick when I brought them that stuff you asked me to!"

He looked at me shocked and rubbed his head. "Sooo, did you actually see it or?"

I brushed my hands through my hair and took a deep breath staring out of the window. "No not really, I mean they just looked like that and I-I kind of you know , he's just a fucking asshole but I don't care anyways."

"I know you care, that's how girls are, they pretend to not care instead they do care and screenshot like anything a guy tells them." He smirked.

"That wasn't a screenshot! I'm serious." I said slapping his arm

At least he somehow tried to make me laugh.

"Well you know, fuck off, we both knew he was an asshole anyways, let's not think about him - let's discuss something else like what shall we do tonight?"

He smiled patting my back.

"Tonight?!" I jumped up realising what today was.

"Yeah tonight?" He repeated curiously.

"D-Didn't he say he'd pick me up at 7 tonight?" I whined.

he rubbed his head and smiled awkwardly. "Oh yeah , well just don't go." He said simply.

"That's not easy like what if he appears and tries to get me out of the house." I panicked.

"Phoebe, this isn't some ass hoe movie, he doesn't even know where we live just chill and I'll be there anyways."

"Hold on a second... I think he won't even pick me up I mean he has that chick righ?" I smiled awkwardly.

He walked over to me and slapped my arm. "I hope you're not expecting me to tell you the opposite, I swear I've no idea what this guy's like so let's just not talk about him, we'll go home in an hour so make sure to finish the magazine right."

"Right." I nodded and took a seat.

It was already half past 5 and I wasn't thinking about him at all. Good Job Phoebe just forget that asshole. Hold on why am I thinking about him again I'm such a mess.

Cameron was showing me his new page when my phone suddenly started buzzing. I took a quick look and put it back in my bag not realising what I just saw.

....."Wait hold on a second." I panicked and took out my phone again.

"The time has almost come. N. x"

I stared at my phone for straight 5 minutes while Cameron waved with his hand.

"What now?"

Instead of saying anything I just turned my phone to his direction to let him see the message.

"Since when does he have your number?" He questioned.