Nathan & Cole

Cole's POV:

When Myra ran away, I felt numb. I've looked for her all over, but to no avail. It's been about a year or a year and six months, but it feels like forever. I can keep track of the days they just don't matter anymore. Life isn't worth living anymore without her. I think it's time to end it. I've thought a lot about it. I mean, she wouldn't know, and either way it wouldn't hurt her. She's better without me... everyone is. I walked to the lake with a cement block and a rope in both of my hands. It was sunset, so nobody would notice. Not, probably, for days that I'm gone. I sat down and tied the rope tightly to the cement block and then tightly around my ankle. I took one last look at the setting sun before I was about to end it all. I picked up the cement block and walked towards the water. I stepped in and kept myself up as much as I could before I got to a deep point. Luckily there was an immediate drop pretty close to where I entered the lake. I took a deep breath and dropped the block. It sunk swiftly and I was brought to the bottom with it. I held my breath, it being a natural reaction. But I started to panick. I knew what I wanted to do, but I was frightened. Before I knew it I felt vibrations and looked up to see a figure swimming down. My body wanted it to save me but my mind didn't. I could see by the dark silhouette of his stature that it was a boy. He came down and started cutting the rope with a sharp object. I couldn't hold my breath in anymore and I started to struggle. Water rushed into my mouth and I became frantic. I breathed in the water and became calm, dark blotches beginning to block my vision. I was gone before I knew what happened.

Nathan's POV:

When I saw Cole walked with a huge cement block and rope, i knew what he was about to do. He's been planning it for a while after Myra left. I heard him say it in his sleep when I was sent to check on him once. I didn't believe he'd actually do it though. I waited to see if he'd back out but he went in, full force. I immediately dived in after I brought my knife out of my pocket. I swam to the bottom as fast as I could and got to work on the rope. I saw Cole suck in water and become frantic with his movements. After a while of struggling, I got him detached, but by then he had stopped struggling and I began to panic. I brought him up and carried his limp body to the earth. I had no choice, I had to give him mouth to mouth. It was the only way to save his life. I immediately started. After a couple minutes, which felt like a couple hours. I heard him gurgle and he spit out the water that had been in his lungs. He was coughing a lot and gasping for air. He was able to calm down as I rested a hand on his shoulder. "You alright?" I finally asked when he caught his breath.

"No! I wanted to do it, Nathan! Why'd you save me!?" He said angrily.

"Listen, bro, it's not worth it. Myra is still out there and do you really think that's what she would want!? What happens if she comes back, huh? What's she going to think?" He sat in silence, his mouth slightly open. The moonlight making his face glow in the, now, calm dark of night. His hair was soaking, but it rested messily over his forehead. He was a good looking guy, to be honest. I mean- I... well yeah.

"I... I guess you're right. I uh... thanks..." he looked at me. I brushed his hair out of his face and looked into bright blue eyes. We stared at each other for awhile. I managed to let out a soft "no problem" only audible for someone listening in the dead silence. We started to lean in just as I did. Was this right? Was I about to kiss Cole? All of these thoughts swam through my mind as our lips touched. Our kiss lasted for about 30 seconds and then we pulled away, but I didn't want to pull away. I felt like it should last forever. I looked down and then up to meet Cole's eyes. He looked a little shocked but his face lit up red. Mine did too as I realized what had just happened. "D-did we j-just?..." Cole trailed off stuttering. He was so cute when he did that.

"Y-yeah..."

"I-I... I think it was okay?"

"It was amazing." Cole whispered. His face became even redder when he realized he said that. "W-w-what no I didn't m-mean t-to say th-that out l-loud no I-" I chuckled.

"Hey, it's alright... I thought so too." I smiled shyly at him. He smiled back.

"B-but what about Myra..." he said.

"Hey, she left. If she comes back, be with her."

"Really? Wait does that mean you want to be... w-with me?" He asked, still nervous.

"Well yeah... only if you want to."

"I- I do want to." He smiled. "But you're sure I can just leave you if Myra comes back?" I sighed a little saddened by the thought.

"Of course. But for now?"

"It's you and I."

"You and I."