Will & Rose

Will was missing. He had been all day, but I figured he was busy. Now the sun was setting and he still hadn't come down to the Pavillion for dinner. I packed a small bag and grabbed my glaive. I'm gonna have to search for him. I went everywhere I could think of. His cabin, the lake, the border, and the infirmary, but there was no trace of him. Eventually I had no choice but to enter the forest. Gods, if he tried to tame another wild animal I'm gonna kill him. "Will! Will! Where are you?" I called out into the night, shining a flashlight around the area. He didn't respond once. I continued my search into the darkness. Around ten minutes later I found him fast asleep next to a small hole in the ground. "Ugh... seriously?" I mumbled to myself. "Wake up, Will." I shook him until he opened his eyes slightly.

"Rose? Is..." He paused to yawn. "Is the bunny back?" He looked at the hole next to him tiredly.

"You followed a rabbit? How did you even- Actually, I don't even want to know. It's after dinner. The sun already set. You need to come back to Camp." I ordered, trying to be stern with him. He sat for a moment, registering what I said.

"Sorry, Rose... I didn't mean to fall asleep. Do you have any water by any chance?" He asked me groggily, his eyes still a bit unfocused from sleep. I'm pretty sure he doesn't really know what's going on. I nodded anyways and handed him a bottle of water out of my bag. He gratefully accepted it and drank it slowly, letting his cheeks puff out like a chipmunk. He's an idiot for being out here, but it's so hard to stay mad at him when he gets like this. He handed me back the bottle with a lazy smile and got to his feet, stretching. "Take me home?" He asked innocently. I felt my face get red, but I looked away so he couldn't see it. He just wants me to take him to his cabin. That's all. I reprimanded myself silently.

"Don't pull crap like this again, Will. I'm not coming to get you next time." I threatened, lying to him. Of course I'd come to rescue my idiot, but he needs to learn to stay out of trouble. He pouted at me. I started to walk off, knowing he would follow. He did, running to catch up to me and shyly grabbing my hand in his. When I looked at him, he pretended to look elsewhere, but his face was glowing red in the moonlight. I smiled and squeezed his hand just a little tighter.

"I'm sorry for all the trouble, Rose. I didn't mean to fall asleep out there, I promise." We were at the Demeter Cabin now and Will was stalling. I walked him up to the door, but there was a sign on it that read:

Dear Will,

If you wake us up one more time coming back from gods know where in the middle of the night, you will be dealing with thorns in your bunk for the next month. Please stay safe, but somewhere else.

Lots of love,

Your exhausted siblings

I laughed at the sign while Will pouted, looking mildly offended. He sighed. "Guess I'm sleeping outside after all." I could tell he was hinting at something. Looking up, I saw his dramatic puppy eyes staring intently at me.

"Well maybe this should be a lesson to you." I said, refusing to give in. I started to walk away, but his arms snaked around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"No, no. You brought this upon yourself." I shook him off, smirking at him.

"Can I... umm..." He trailed off, chewing his lip and staring down at his feet.

"What?" I asked, waiting impatiently to go to my cabin and get some rest.

"N-Nevermind it's stupid." He looked away from me. "You should head to bed. I'll just stay out here." He mumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Come on, Will. Ask." I ordered. He looked up shyly.

"Maybe I could... umm... stay with you for the night? Like how we uh, used to? It's stupid I know..." He shook his head, blushing profusely. I chuckled and rolled my eyes. Will was watching my every move, his body nervously tensed up.

"I just one night won't hurt, but be quiet." I instructed. Will's face lit up with a smile. He held my hand with a bit more confidence on the way to my cabin. He had his eyes shut and back turned while I changed before tentatively sliding into my bed next to me. I wrapped my arms around his chest and closed my eyes. After a few minutes I heard Will quietly whisper something.

"Night, Rose." His lips softly grazed my forehead, before he pulled me even closer to him, tangling our legs together. I drifted off to the steady sound of his heartbeat, wrapped tightly in his arms.