Cole & Myra

"Let's take a break for a bit, okay? You don't need to get worked up. This takes time." Cole encouraged. I sighed and looked away in frustration. I feel so useless! I can't even remember the basics about what happened! About anything!

"Whatever, Cole. It's fine." I snapped, looking away. My eyes teared up with frustration as I gritted my teeth.

"Hey, frostbite. Look at me." He coaxed, sitting down next to me. I refused to turn my head. I quickly blinked, trying to prevent any tears from escaping. "Please, Myra?" He intertwined his fingers with mine, squeezing my hand gently. I took a deep breath and turned to face him.

"What?" I asked blandly. Cole's face lit up.

"How about you tell me a bit about yourself. Nothing major. We've already been over all of that. The little things." He smiled.

"Little things? Like what?" I started to get interested. I mean we were dating and we never had the time to go on an actual date. We never got to gradually learn about each other like most people did.

"How about..." Cole trailed off, thinking. "What music do you listen to? Or did you listen to, before all this." He gestured to everything around us. I thought for a few minutes, trying to remember what I did used to listen to.

"Fall Out Boy and stuff like that. Nothing impressive really." I shrugged. Cole smirked, his blue eyes glimmering with mischief. He definitely had some kind of plan.

"Well I," Cole paused dramatically, letting go of me and standing up. He walked over to the other side of the room where and old radio was sitting. "Like classical music." He finished with a grin. The radio buzzed onto a station playing old classical music.

"You always were rather refined." I teased, faking a British accent. Cole laughed and offered up his hand.

"May I have this dance?" He asked with a mock bow in my direction.

"I don't know how!" I shook my head and stayed where I was.

"I'll teach you!" Cole said enthusiastically before falling back into a fake accent. "I'm afraid I must insist you join me." He purred. I rolled my eyes, my face flushing red, but the goofy smile on Cole's face made everything a thousand times better. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me to my feet.

"Now what?" I asked, giving him a skeptic look.

"You put your hands here." He gently moved my hands around his neck. His hands slid down to my waist. The both of us couldn't look at each other for a moment, flustered. "Is this... uh, is this okay with you?" He asked meekly, still blushing. I couldn't help but burst into a small fit of laughter and Cole joined in, dispelling the awkwardness. Eventually we managed to compose ourselves.

"So, Badger. Any moves I'm supposed to be doing?" I looked up at him.

"Just sway. The rest will come naturally." Just as Cole stopped speaking, the song changed. The two of us started out swaying slowly and stiffly, but as the song progressed we both relaxed. Cole was leading, his gentle hands guiding me fluidly through steps we didn't know. I closed my eyes and let my head rest on his chest. I can only imagine how we look. The two of us swaying in baggy, neon orange t-shirts with shorts and dirty sneakers. We were horrible at it too, both of us completely off rhythm, but I didn't care.

The song picked up the tempo and suddenly Cole was spinning me around. We both laughed as Hunter let out a confused bark at us. Cole suddenly lifted me up as the song peaked in crescendo. He set me down again and dipped me as the song came to a close. He was panting, out of breath. I was tired too, but Cole did most of the leading.

I grabbed onto his shirt and pulled his lips to mine. He smiled into the kiss and cupped my face with one of his hands. I kept it short and sweet, reluctantly pulling away a few seconds later. Cole pouted, but I knew he wasn't going to pressure me. He flopped down on top of my bed, sending Hunter jumping into his own bed with an annoyed yip. We kicked our shoes off and relaxed. Warm sunlight streamed in on us while quiet classical music played in the background. Before I knew it, I was falling asleep in Cole's arms, slipping into peaceful dreams.