Myra & Rose

I finally got my memories back after they've been stolen from me for so long. I forgot everyone. Ben, Cole, Rose, and the whole idea of camp. I still had to recover so I spent most of my time at the lake watching Rose swim and hanging out with Cole and Ben. We were going to be off to finish what we started in about a month's time and I was more than ready. Cole and Ben had left to get some food and other supplies, leaving Rose and I alone. She walked out of the lake to sit beside me. She threw on a tshirt and shorts and grabbed a water."Tired?" I asked.

"A bit." She giggled. "But I love it." I smiled and tried to reach across her for a water but I slipped and fell onto her lap. We both laughed as she helped me up and our faces were inches away. I looked at her and laughed awkwardly. She just looked. Water streaming down her face since her hair was still wet. I uncomfortably crawled off of her lap, avoiding an even more awkward moment. Even though I may have... no. I'm with Cole. And she's with Ben. Everything is normal and okay. That was an accident, that was all it was. Nothing to worry about... and I'm worrying about it. I didn't know what to say and the silence wasn't helping. I awkwardly laughed between my sentences. "So uh... water you doing? Haha get it cause water and... you. Poseidon." She just nodded with a smile.

"Yeah uh... I get it. You know, you don't have to be weird about what just happened. Nothing actually happened if you think about it. We're just friends. Accidents happen." She shrugged it off.

"Ha...ha yeah. Guess so." I said trying to think of another pun to break the ice.

"Myra, calm down. Nothing happened." She said probably seeing I was nervous still.

"But what if something did?" She thought for a moment.

"I don't know actually. I mean I don't think it'd change anything. We're just friends. And we both have boyfriends." I thought for a moment too. I mean, she was right. But I feel like it would change something. Maybe we wouldn't be friends anymore. Maybe we would never talk again. I wouldn't want that because she's the closest friend I have. She's someone I talk to about Cole and people that annoy the hell out of me. I can't do that with Cole because he's too soft and also can't talk to Cole about Cole. And Ben is not my "favorite" person in the world and it'd be just plain awkward. And Nathan and I aren't on the greatest terms after what happened. Rose is all I got. I'm not complaining, I mean I love her. She's like a sister to me. "Are you alright?" She asked breaking time out of my thoughts.

"Yeah yeah I'm good now." I answered back. I still wondered how it would've been if I didn't crawl away. How she would've reacted. How I would've reacted. What would've happened.

"You sure? You still wondering. You know, about what would've happened? If like... we ended up..."

"Yeah" I blurted out to stop her from saying it out loud. I felt my face heat up. I shouldn't have said that. What am I doing?!

"Well do you want to? It's not a big deal, Myra. Honest." I thought for a minute. If my face could get redder, it did. I saw her cheeks turn slightly rosey too. It was awkward for sure.

"I-I uh. I don't know." She grabbed my hand.

"Come on. Real quick." I started to nod slowly but she already leaned in and gave me a quick peck on the lips. We stared at each other in shock. We both slowly started to lean in again and our lips connected. We were like that for awhile until I heard someone clear their throat and I quickly pulled away and stood up. Rose looked up at me and then to the side. From the sight, she immediately stood up too, putting her hands in her back jean pockets. It was Ben and Cole, standing awkwardly. Ben spoke up first.

"What the heck is going on here!? Rose? Myra? What the..." he trailed off. "This is a joke, right? It has to be." I looked at Rose, a tear was about to fall down her face but she held it back. She didn't say a word.

"Frostbite?..." Cole asked. I couldn't believe what had just happened. It wasn't supposed to happen.

"Cole n-no it's not what it looked like I swear. W-we were j-just messing around I swear." I said trying to convince him. When, in reality, i was just trying to convince myself.

"Rose?" Ben asked getting nervous.

"Ben I swear it was nothing. We're just friends. I swear, I'm in love with you we were messing around, like Myra said." She looked at me and then back at Ben.

"You guys are sure?" Ben asked. Cole still stared at me, still trying to comprehend what he had just witnessed.

"Positive." Rose said quickly. That kinda hurt my heart, but I loved Cole. Ben looked at Cole and Cole looked at him. Cole nodded and Ben did back.

"We believe you guys. Just... please don't do it again it's super uncomfortable..." Cole spoke up. Rose and I nodded and after awhile Cole became his cheery self again. "Wanna eat?" On cue, my stomach demonstrated its whale impression. We all laughed. "Well that answers my question."

Once we ate, Cole said he was going to head to bed and Ben said the same. Rose said she was going to stay at the lake for a while longer and I said I'd stay with her. Cole gave me an unsure look and I saw Ben give Rose one too. "Don't worry, we're not going to do that again. Trust me." I laughed. Cole smiled and came up to me. Giving me a long, passionate, kiss. "Claiming what's yours I see?" He laughed and said, "love you, frostbite." I said it back and he headed towards his cabin. Rose got a long kiss from Ben too, which I got a weird feeling in my stomach over, but it passed once he left, saying their 'I love you's' over and over. I went and sat next to Rose.

"Beautiful night." I said looking at the sky.

"Agreed." She said and then looked at me. "That kiss... it was-" I cut her off.

"Weird."

"I was going to say good... I mean come on, you can't say you didn't feel something." I stayed silent. "So you did?"

"I don't know... I guess so. It was odd. But I mean yeah... it was good."

"Wanna do it again? Nobody has to know." I looked at her, seriousness in my glare. I rested my hand on her neck.

"Hell yeah."