CHAPTER 5: Coping Up

Mira's pov

I'm shattered, broken and messed up. My life has turned upside down in this one month. Why all these happened to me? Why my parents forced me like this to get married to Anurag? He has trapped us all with his innocent face.

Why my parents can't see that he is just obsessed with me! And i don't want his presence in my life. This is the worst thing till now.

Why god has punished me like this? I just want to fulfil my dreams to become successful but my parents tied me on this unwanted marriage.

I cried so much by standing in the middle of the road. I didn't go to Atharv's house. I can't face him now. He proposed me two weeks back. I was on cloud nine. My happiness knew no bound that day. I told him about my future plans and he felt so happy after knowing about my dream. He promised me that he will wait till i complete my Phd.

How can i face him now? I was not picking up his calls for the last fifteen days. When my parents blackmailed me emotionally and gave their swear, i felt so helpless. I cried and begged to them to not get me married with that Anurag. But they were adamant to destroy my life.

I cried and cried uncontrollably. I looked at the time. It's getting late. I don't want to go back there. His presence disgusts me so much.

I walked slowly towards that small apartment where my so called husband stays.

I knocked at the door. Anurag's aunt opened the door.

"Listen girl,,,this is not a hotel, where you can return anytime....from next day, the door will not open for you.....do you understand?"- she said with so much hate.

I didn't give her any reply. I'm too exhausted for an argument. I was about to enter but she caught my wrist so hard that I whimpered in pain.

"Listen,, Mira.....i will not allow you to destroy Anu's life,,,,From now you will do whatever i will tell you to do....."- she snapped at me by applying more pressure to my wrist.

I pulled my hand back from her grip. It's already paining so much.

"What the hell!!!"- i yelled by holding my wrist in pain.

"Get habituated with this life,,,and one more thing...you are not allowed to study anymore...."- she walked inside her room by leaving me in utter shock.

I walked inside the room and sat into the bed. Anurag is not present here. I lay down and cried silently. I'm feeling so much anger from inside. Who is she to treat me like that??

Anurag's pov

I came back home being restless and panicked. I was searching her for the last two hours. She is not even picking up my calls. As soon as i entered i found my aunt sitting in the sofa and crying silently.

I walked near her and kneel down infront of her. I can't stand tears in her eyes.

"I know you are hurt,,,,please don't cry aunty...."- i held her firmly.

"She pushed me so hard....thank god that Tiya held me, otherwise i was in the hospital right now"

I was stunned after hearing her.

"Who pushed you?"- i asked in shock.

"Your wife"

I felt so much anger from inside.

"Anurag,,,she is so violent...I'm feeling scared.....she called me illiterate bitch....tell me do i really deserve these?"

My inside bubbled up with anger. I immediately walked inside my room and closed the door with a thud.