Chapter 22: It's A Miracle!

"You know, Chuuya... it'd be super simple," Dazai said slowly, "no different from this." He kissed Chuuya on the forehead.
  Chuuya frowned, "it's very different."
  Dazai sighed, "you seemed ready earlier..."
  Chuuya slumped down in his chair, "that was because Elise was there... so we could prove it..."
  "Ah, that makes sense." Dazai nodded.
  "Dazai..." Chuuya paused, "what even qualifies as... "a good kiss"?..."
  Dazai shrugged, "I guess it's just preference."
  "Sure but... you and Elise said that you were..." Chuuya's voice trailed off. He folded his arms, "I just don't know what to expect..."
  "Well, I'm sure you won't have to worry about it," Dazai let go of Chuuya, "see anything?"
  Chuuya blinked, "kind of... but you're all blurry this time..." He reached out his hand and pressed it against Dazai's chest.
  "Hm," Dazai pondered, "Chuuya?"
  "Yeah?" He blinked and his eyes became unfocused and wandering again.
  "... Nevermind..."
  "You keep doing that," Chuuya folded his arms, "it's frustrating. If you have something to say, then say it."
  Dazai sighed internally, "alright, time for bed."
  Chuuya rolled his eyes, "I bet it's not even passed ten."
  "It isn't. But we only have until sometime tomorrow..." Dazai reasoned, "so we should turn in early."
  Chuuya sighed, "fine." He stood, then waited.
  "What is it?"
  "You... you said you liked sleeping next to the wall..." Chuuya said slowly.
  Dazai almost gasped, "you remembered. How considerate of you," Dazai stood.
  Chuuya muttered something.
  "It's not everyday that I get invited to sleep with people like this~" Dazai said mischievously as he shed his coat and laid it on the chair.
  "Shut up. Stop making everything gross," Chuuya rubbed his arms.
  Dazai crawled to the far side of the bed, "it'd be a lot easier if you wouldn't say such suggestive things."
  "I do not!" Chuuya said exasperatedly.
  Dazai laughed, "and you're so easy to aggravate!"
  Chuuya sat down on the edge of the bed with a sigh.
  "Come on," Dazai grabbed the back of Chuuya's shirt, "go to sleep." He pulled Chuuya down.
  Chuuya fell onto his back expressionlessly.
  "What is it?" Dazai asked.
  "Could you..."
  "Nope."
  "You haven't even let me finish..."
  "I know what you're going to say..." Dazai said as he pushed Chuuya's hair out of his face.
  "Why is it when I ask it's always "no"....?"Chuuya mumbled.
  Dazai sighed, "go to sleep." He messed up Chuuya's hair completely.
  Chuuya moved to lay on his pillow, facing Dazai. Dazai moved to his spot as well.
  Chuuya closed his eyes and breathed out deeply, "tomorrow..."
  Dazai nodded, taking his arm, "sure."
  Chuuya looked even a little sad as Dazai touched him.
  He paused, "I'm sorry it has to be like this..."
  "It isn't your fault. Quit blaming yourself."
  "But if I had stopped your faster-"
  "If you had, I'd probably be dead." Chuuya said without opening his eyes.
  Dazai was silent.

  Hours went by and Chuuya eventually fell asleep.
  Dazai didn't know what to think about. He just watched Chuuya silently. He half expected Chuuya to suddenly say something.
  But he never did.
  "Chuuya?" Dazai asked.
   Chuuy continued to remain silent, occasionally breathing.
  Dazai felt a little deflated as he placed his hand on Chuuya's face, brushing his hair aside.
  "I really hope you don't mind too much..." Dazai whispered as he caressed Chuuya's face gently, "that I'm touching you like this again...
  "I... I'm sorry, Chuuya..." Dazai whispered, "remember when I said that I thought kissing a god would be wrong?.... that was a lie...
  "You'll forgive me, right?..." Dazai looked down.
  Nothing from Chuuya.
  "Of course... you're asleep..." Dazai sighed quietly. "Well... I hope you can forgive me for this, too..."
  Dazai moved closer. He slid his hand to the back of Chuuya's head. He paused, they were only a centimeter away from each other.
  Then, Dazai closed his eyes as he lightly pressed his lips against Chuuya's. He lingered there only for the shortest moment before pulling away.
  He wasn't sure how to feel about it, but there was a part of him that had wanted to kiss him. But of course there was. Bragging rights, Chuuya was quite attractive, and... he just wanted to.
  He wrapped his arms around Chuuya, smothering his face in his own chest. He knew that if Chuuya would wake up he'd be furious...
  But Dazai didn't want to let go...

——

  Chuuya blinked awake. He felt blind but it was brighter. He moved his arms but found his movements obstructed.
  He moved against what was keeping him from getting  but he couldn't get it off. Then, he recognized what it was.
  "Dazai?" He whispered. "Dazai let go."
  No response from the other. Chuuya sighed, how did this even happen. Chuuya was sure that he would have woke up if Dazai had started cuddling him.
  No! That's not what this was! Dazai was just... he was just holding Chuuya... definitely not cuddling or anything like that!
  Chuuya shook his head, "Dazai, you're suffocating me!" Chuuya started to feel claustrophobic, "let me go!"
  Dazai seemed to squeeze him a little tighter, a quiet groan escaping his mouth.
  Chuuya froze. Oddly, he didn't want to hurt Dazai.
  He sighed and relaxed his muscles, waiting for Dazai to wake up. He could barely move and wasn't even really able to lift his head because Dazai was clutching him so tightly.
  "Dazai, what if someone walks in and sees us like this?..."
  Chuuya scowled at Dazai's silence. He knew he was asleep but he couldn't help but wonder if he had done this on purpose.
  Chuuya also wasn't a big fan of how Dazai's leg was slightly over him.
  "Dazai?!" Chuuya pushed him, "wake up."
  Nothing.
  Chuuya sighed deeply, this was going to be a while...
  A few minutes went by. Chuuya realized something, he could still see... and he was touching Dazai, too.
  "Dazai!" Chuuya shook him almost in a violent way.
  Dazai jolted awake, taken by surprise, "wh- what is it? What happened?!"
  "I can see!" Chuuya laughed.
  "Seriously?!" Dazai beamed down at him before suffocating him in another hug.
  But this time, Chuuya accepted it and hugged back.
  Then, Chuuya abruptly let go and pushed away as he sat up, "I have to-"
  "Hey, don't get ahead of yourself," Dazai said, "this might not be permanent..."
  "Don't be so down," Chuuya waved him off.