Chapter 5- Is a Choice

Elias

First day of class came, and the day seemed to breeze by. I decided on wearing a peasant style maxi dress to tackle to excessively warm days.

The dress reached to the ground, the sleeves fell off my shoulders and covered my hands, and when I raised my arms the hem of the sleeve would hang down to my thighs. It would go perfectly with the hat. Tight around my waist and the string at the top undone, I twirled in the mirror.

There's just something about pretty peasant dresses.

I quickly put on a pair of matching flats and grab my hat putting it securely at the top of my head. After a moment of fixing my clothes I remember that I was supposed to meet Juni downstairs.

He didn't want to be alone on the first day, and honestly me either. I grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and heading out.

Exiting the elevator I turn the corner and see Juni in the lobby dressed in his new clothes from the mall. He's clothed in white sweatpants, converse and the hawaiian shirt with charizard on the back. Very simple, but he looked so cute!

I gush when I see him.

"Oh my goodness, I knew you would love this one the most!" I say turning him around to get a good look at him. I sigh and clasp my hands under my chin like a proud mother. "You look like you. It's so adorable!"

"You say that about me a lot." He says blushing as he looks down. "Does it mean something?"

"Oh, Juni." I coo. "It just means exactly that. You are very adorable, but in a way you gush at a baby kitten waddling it's way around a room learning to walk."

"That's much nicer than what my dad says." He shrugs chuckling. "What do you think my brother is going to say when he sees me in this? I left early so he wouldn't try to stop me."

"I think, he's gonna be jealous he doesn't have a Pokémon on his shirt. I mean look at me, I'm in head to toe black and a witches hat mostly out of obligation, I just wish my outfit had more color like yours." I say and hold out my hand for him to take. "Either way, we're going to be late, so we should start walking now."

On our way to the main building, Juni and I are walking side by side. I notice his hands twisting together, his fingers wringing themselves out and I look into his eyes to find them casted down.

I lift his chin with my index finger.

"Do you have a headache?" I ask and this time he nods. I smile and gently take his hand putting it around my arm. For a brief moment he closes his eyes and then a look of relief washes over his face."Always remember if they found their way in your head, you can kick them right out."

"How do I do that?" Juni asks.

"Practice." I answer honestly.

Juni leads me to our first class, removing my hat and brushing my fingers through my hair once inside. He leads me to a large lecture hall, the hall filling with students and we quickly find seats before the class can start.

Juni and I sitting closer to the back by the window, Juni sitting in the sunlight while I chose the isle seat to avoid it. As more people file in we see a familiar face walks in through the door. The girl from the mall, her lapis colored lenses almost scanning the room. They freeze when they land on the pair of us.

I could tell there was a level of annoyance at seeing me, but she smiled anyways and walked over. She circled around me and locked eyes with Juni.

"Hi Juni!" Smiled warmly. I calmly lean back to give them room to talk but Juni doesn't respond. Just to tease her, I reach up with my index finger taking his chin and making him look at me.