Chapter 34- Kendric's Will Be Done

"What's happening?" Sam's voice drifting to my ears as I stir from my sleep.

"It's the souls." Juni whispers. "Having them out and free, standing guard is draining her. I saw it happen on the attack on Everdale."

"She has to meet with Kendric today, the trial is happening, what is she going to do?" Opala speaks up.

"I don't know."

I listen as I lay motionless on my bed facing away from the whispering trio. My body completely limp and my breathing slow and steady, they must have thought I was asleep. The curtains drawn shut, completely shadowing the room.

"Elias?" Sam whispers, and I feel him leaning over me.

"Hmm." My eyes remaining closed as I feel his breath on my face.

"Are you okay?"

"Tired." I hum softly.

"Kendric would tell you to put the souls away." Juni says. "Joaquin brought enough reinforcements, you can rest now."

"If Kendric ever says, then fine."

"I do say."

Kendric's voice coming from the shadows and Sam jumps off the bed startled. I could feel him leaking into my room from thin air, his deep laugh silencing the congress of the whispering dead. Until finally he's materialized leaning against the wall.

"How did-"

"Don't ask stupid questions boy." Kendric cuts him off and I feel him moving closer. The room feeling colder. Kendric's hand on my shoulder as he gentle shakes me.

"I need you at the top of your game today daughter." He says. "Put them away."

"Q's reinforcements aren't going to be enough to stop an ambush." I grumble.

"They're lycans. Have a little faith that they can protect themselves. And I got the device from Sione. You'll be going to Brazil right after the trial." He says and I finally open my eyes. Seeing him standing over the bed staring down at me. Hands in his pockets and a cool look on his face. But not that fluid, and not that believable.

"What happened at the medical facility?" I ask my tone low and accusing.

"Ahhheeeeeeehhhh-" he drags looking away uncomfortably.

"How many?" I press leaning up off the bed.

"I didn't do anything-" he defends, arm raising up to scratch the back of his head.

"How many people did you kill Kendric?" I ask my voice ringing with new energy.

"Only four." He sighs. "I popped into Sione's office, gave him the run down about what was going on, scared him a little but we found the rat!"

"You killed four of the top doctors in the world, just as the world needs them. Kendric you cannot justify that." I sigh sitting up and Kendric chuckles.

"As Grave Diggers Elias, we don't have to." He says smartly. "We are the keepers of graves, apart of the Grim Family, and the closest thing to god these mundane people will ever see. We don't need to justify anything!"

"That's really fucked up!" Opala gasps. "Grave Diggers are not divine, you cannot just-"

"You wanna talk about fucked up?" Kendric bellows out in laughter. "Princess, you spread your legs for your brothers mate and got jealous when Juni boy over here got swept away by my girl. You want to talk about fucked up? Really? You?!" Kendric looming over her with a wide mocking smile on his face making Opala turn red in the face with embarrassment. I sigh as I pinch the bridge of my nose.