Chapter 30- Day In

The next morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and an ache between my thighs. I slowly peel my eyes open and find a cup of still steaming coffee on the table along with a folded piece of paper.

I sit up hugging the sheets to my chest as I grab the paper. Unfolding it.

Elias,

I had to go to my morning classes, I didn't want to wake you. It was a relief to find that you had your own coffee pot, so I helped myself. I hope you don't mind. I'll be back later today, we'll have dinner. I'll cook. My treat.

Yours completely,

Sam.

I feel my face warm up at the words yours completely. I take the coffee taking a small sip, before slowly inching out of bed. Looking back on the purple sheets I see small splotches of blood and I hiss to myself. The strain in my legs limiting my movement but I white knuckle through it.

Taking Ms. Penelope's advice I stay inside for most of the day. Changing and washing the sheets as I clean around the apartment. Opening the windows to let fresh air in, as I scrubbed down every nook and cranny in the apartment. Showering right after and spending the afternoon on the couch.

Later in the day, a calm late afternoon went by when Juni knocked on my door. I head over to open it and he holds up a large smoothie cup with a smile.

"It's mango and pineapple." He says and I take it with a grateful smile letting him in. He makes his way over to the couch and I hear his nose in the air inhaling deeply.

"You cleaned?"

"Yeah. I had nothing else to do and I didn't want to leave the house." I say.

"I understand. I just kind of stayed home too. Opala came over and we talked about everything that happened. Turns out yesterday made it on to the morning news." Juni says as he sips his own pink smoothie.

"What do you mean?" I ask my brows knitting together.

"Everyone saw you release the souls, and beat up the prisoner. The news reporters caught Alpha Joaquin holding you down too. Everyone's been talking about it all day; that's when Opala came to tell me." He says and I sigh with a nod.

"Where is she?"

"She stayed home to shower before going to her next class." He answers.

Juni takes a pause before taking a sneaking glance at my neck, but notably he says nothing. Rather taking a nervous sip of his smoothie.

"Say it Juni." I insist and he gulps down a mouthful before turning his body fully towards me.

"Uhhh, everyone's been talking about another thing too. You and Sam." He says nervously looking at the floor with a flushed face.

"What do you mean?" I ask with a sigh.

"He was in Blanton's class today, and sometimes when they get hot, you know how hot lycans be right-"

I cock an eyebrow at him in amusement and he sputters into his drink, flustered before blushing nervously. "That's...that's not what I meant!" He stammers.

"Okay so what happened in Blanton's class?" I ask with a humored chuckle.

"Sam...took his shirt off because it was soaked with sweat I guess, and everyone saw his...his back." He says and his eyes slowly trail up from the couch to me. It slowly dawns on me what he means, and I slowly fall back onto the arm of the couch, my arm flying over my face in embarrassment.

"Noooooooooooo!" I groan and Juni pats my knee sympathetically.

"I'm sorry, but I had to tell you." He says.