Chapter 29- No Room

It was nighttime by the time we got off, Juni holding me up as we got off on the platform. Immediately I'm swept up in a crushing hug, by the electrifying sensation I feel that it's Sam.

"You ran off again." He mutters, his lips close to my ear and I nod, unable to say anything. Over his shoulder I see Opala who only sees Juni.

"Hi Juni." Opala waves and Juni waves back, smiling but not fully. He's just as tired as me.

"You two should get some rest, I'll notify the teachers and have you excused from classes at least for tomorrow. So just take a break, okay?" The headmistress doesn't wait for our answer as she calmly walks off in the direction of the campus.

Once she's gone, Sam slowly lets me down, I wobble on my legs unable to hold myself up. Juni quickly catching me, supporting my weight on his.

"What's wrong?" Sam asks his eyes wide with alarm.

"I just need to sit." I shake my head.

"We should get you home." Opala says and we see reporters coming up the station stairs. Microphones and camera's in hand as they race each other to the top to get to us.

I stagger back as Sam bends down sweeping my legs off the ground and cradling me to his chest like a bride. Quickly turning the other way walking down a different set of stairs.

"Just run, we'll catch up!" Opala pushing at his shoulder, and watch from over Sam's shoulder Opala and Juni running from the mob of reporters behind us.

Sam picks up speed the the view of them immediately shrinks as I feel the wind slam against my back. Clutching Sam's shirt as I feel his thighs hit my behind as he carries me swiftly to Obsidian.

In seconds, we make it to the elevator, and even carrying me he presses the call button.

"Sam I can stand." I insist but he's stone faced.

"Shut up." He growls.

The elevator comes and he steps in, careful to not let my legs hit the door. His finger reaching out to press the button to my floor.

"You're angry with me." I say my brows knitting together in confusion.

"You had a hard day. I don't want to argue." He huffs and I look up at him.

"You can't just say something like that-"

"You disappeared, again!" His voice bouncing off the metal walls of the suspended box as we rode up. "You, not just yourself but Juni landed in a dangerous situation, again! You just rushed off, and I can feel how ready you were just to leave! And not say anything!" His grip tightening on me, pulling me closer as he yelled.

"Did you not think about how I would feel if something happened to you?"

"I was coming back Sam. I wouldn't just leave." I reply calmly, confused at his level of anger. He doesn't believe that, does he?

"But you did." He states firmly.

"Sam put me down." I say.

"No." The refusal clear.

The elevator doors opened and he carried me down the hall to me door. Patiently standing in front until I reached down and put in the numbers on the key pad.

He pushes the door open with his leg and carry's me in. Kicking in my bedroom door and walking over to the bed sitting me down. He bends down and starts taking off my shoes.

"Sam,"

He doesn't respond. Zipping down the boots and throwing them to the side. Snatching my hat off my head and throwing it behind me on the bed.